I wrote a Proverb today, what do you think Iam trying to say?

by Nambo 18 Replies latest social current

• Nambo
    Nambo

Here in the UK we are going through the annual Rememberence rituals and everybody wears a red Poppy.

I prefer to wear the White Poppy of the Peace Pledge Union which elicits both respect and contempt. Its interesting to see the way Members of Parliaments eyes alight on my somewhat rebelious symbol when they say Good Morning to me.

Anyhow, today I composed a Proverb, maybe its crap?, Iam a mechanic by trade, not a poet.

So, what do you think Iam trying to say? :-

A necessary evil, is the gruesome task of the Axeman.

He washes the blood off his hands before he caresses the face's of his Children.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

I like it!

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I like it.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Clear and precise, Nambo.

Through context I get who the axeman is - executioner, correct?

In America reference is made in literature and film to gangsters who are ruthless toward their enemies but tender and loving toward family. Of course, the axeman is working for the state/crown and merely does his gruesome duty . . .

You succeed in your expression.

CoCo

• NoStonecutters
    NoStonecutters

Good, Nambo. I don't wear a poppy either. If people ask, I tell them that our soldiers died in vain fighting for the wars of the banksters. WWI and WWII were Rothschild wars. They financed both sides, including the Nazis.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

My favorite "proverb" is from Einstein. Ok, not a proverb, but still enlightening. "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." ~ Albert Einstein

• Nambo
    Nambo

Thanks for all the positives folk, especially from our resident poet!

Axeman as in executioner, hense the blood on the hands, yes indeed, I presume with your mention of State/Crown you know exactly who the Axeman represents in the context of the Proverb?

And the "necessary evil"?

Who are the Children?

• glenster
  • rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

I thought that the Axeman referred to Jehovah when He is going to annihilate those on the earth who do not worship Him. I thought the children represented those who worship Jehovah and are aware of their Father's profession . Only they will receive the warm and loving caress of their Father's hand although moments ago had been covered in blood with the death of millions.

What was I thinking?

• blindnomore
    blindnomore

necessary evil: righteous indignation

the Axeman: the excutioner, Christ?

the Children: Christian or followers of the excutioner.

or

necessary evil: Taxation or/and Audit

the Axeman: the IRS or the governments

the Children: collected $$$$

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit