atrapado's story parte 1

by atrapado 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Hey Atrapado, welcome. Your story and mine are very similar. Only that I did not actually move as a kid to the US but stayed in Honduras and moved years later to Germany. Just like you, I was considered a good reader at 12, giving talk #4 since being 11, always ready to jump in when somebody did not show up for their part in the TS. You have brought a lot of memories back... looking forward for part 2.

Bienvenido hombre,

Vivalavida

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

Atrapado, your story is riveting. As a female with no male family members in, I really didn't know much about how a man becomes an MS. I can't believe all that stuff (hand shaking, 15 minutes early, etc) was required of you. I can't wait to read more. Plus, it's interesting to get to look inside another culture. Honestly, at first I didn't know if I could read it all in one setting because of its length and my inability to focus for long periods of time, but I can say truthfully that I never stopped reading it once until I finished. I am very excited for part 2!

• panhandlegirl
    panhandlegirl

Very interesting story, atrapado. My jw family attend the Spanish Congrgations, and one is a DO in Cali. I like the name you chose for yourself. Looking forward to part 2 of your story.

PHG

• atrapado
    atrapado

dozy - your welcome

vivalavida - didn't see your story would love to read it. Was the congregation in Germany in Spanish?

Left in the Cold - depends on your body of elders and if they have a lack of ms. I had a friend from El Salvador he became at MS at 16 and he knew of others. But in the US 17 is the mininum age.

panhandlegirl - gracias, the name really fit about a year ago I'll keep it but I am more liberado than atrapado.

• vivalavida
    vivalavida

Atrapado - Yes, the congregation in Germany was a spanish one. Although I also spent a year in a spanish congregation in NY before moving to Germany and can understand perfectly your situation, specially the correcting of pronunciation, etc.

You cannot read my story because I haven't written it yet. Maybe one day I'll just sit down and do it. I

Vivalavida

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit