I went a little NUTS!

by irondork 21 Replies latest jw friends

• happy@last
    happy@last

I did, however this book here really helped: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Self-Help-Your-Nerves-overcoming/dp/0722531559

It is called

Self Help for Your Nerves: Learn to relax and enjoy life again by overcoming stress and fear
    by Claire Weekes

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I think that is very normal. At the time I left the dubbies I also made some major life changes as well. I don't recommend it, but that is just how it worked for me. I was pretty whacked out for about a year. And even then I didn't really think about the religion thing for a few years. Finally I came here for the first time, and that helped me to resolve everything.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

After i found out ttatt, i kept going and bringing stuff up. After a yr of that they dffed me.

I am trying to learn from experiences like yours. I want to control how and when I leave and not give them the power over me.

Anger is a normal reaction to finding out you were betrayed by people you trusted.

Yes, I am pissed off! At them, but also at myself. How could I have been so blind, so gullible, so stupid?

I found a course of therapy with a professional counselor helped me

The counselor I saw had no f***ing idea about JWs. If you ain't been one, you can't begin to grasp it all.

Posting here can be helpful. . .

Yes, thanks to all the people here who understand.

Doc

• BlindersOff1
    BlindersOff1

There should be a class action PTSD lawsuit . I'm onboard .

• atrapado
    atrapado

LouBelle pretty much the same experiense except for no voices in my head.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Self Help for Your Nerves: Learn to relax and enjoy life again by overcoming stress and fear
    by Claire Weekes

Claire Weekes' techniques for overcoming anxiety work. I was having anxiety and panic attacks pretty much 24/7, but her advice cured me. I highly recommend it.

• Left in the Cold
    Left in the Cold

I think I really need to read Combating Cut Mind Control. I've been having trouble falling asleep because my mind races. When I do get to sleep, it's a light sleep. I'm only at the beginning of this journey and I'm scared. Does anyone know where I can get a digital copy of this book. I'm not asking for it at no cost. I just need it in digital form. iBooks & Amazon don't have it. Any ideas?

Did any of you have extreme difficulty sleeping? Sorry. I'm not trying to hijack irondork's thread. You can pm me if that's better.

• notjustyet
    notjustyet

I had to order mine through Barnes and Nobles, was not able to get a download copy.

Here is a link that the authors site www.freedomofmind.com has as a source to purchase this book through.

http://www.amazon.com/Combatting-Cult-Mind-Control-Best-selling/dp/0892813113/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1313954037&sr=8-1

Hope this helps, also let us know what you think about it.

Another book that will help remove some fears is Captives of a Concept by Don Cameron

http://captivesofaconcept.com/index_for_site_all.html

Hope these help.

NJY

• I quit!
    I quit!

I was depressed for at least my last few years in the WT. I wasn't sure why I guess deep down I just didn't believe it anymore. Near the end all I wanted to do was be a normal person and do normal things. I was tired of being a freak. I was tired of parroting religious nonsense. Why we don't do holidays. Why we look the way we do. Why we waste our weekends bothering people. I was sick of it all and I knew that it was driving me crazy. It was pretty rough at first because of the way they are brainwashed to treat those who leave but I was happy for the first time in years knew I'd made the right decision to pull the plug on them.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

wezz: se' vir my, waar van af is jy?

atrapado - all the conflicting voices - nearly thought i was going insane.

leftinthecold - sent you a pm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit