Disasters?

by CrimsonAshes 7 Replies latest jw friends

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

Uhh my aunt just called me to say I better move up there because my grandmother (who is the witness not my aunt) told her that at meeting yesterday they handed out packets asking them to fill out next of kin for in case they die and that they should stock up on food, go to rural areas, etc and b ready for 3 days because the disaster in the east coast was only the beginning and they are expecting (warning) not just being precautious that things are about to get worse and there WILL be more disasters throughout the country?

Anyone have any more information about this? My grandmother won't tell me specifics like the ton of voice, if it was a warning or just precaution, did they say this was the end, or what...

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

Two weeks ago I received an e-mail from an elder with an official document from the congregation that list all that is needed in case of a disaster and provides instructions on how to stay in contact with the congregation. It says that if we are evacuated or have to go to a shelter we should contact this elder to let him know where we are. This way they know if we are OK or if we need help...I guess elders received instructions from the society to put their files up to date. The goal of this arrangement is to show that the society really cares for the brothers...and that the elders are there to help...

The funny thing is that I haven't been to a meeting for over 2 years and eventhough my wife is still active, I want nothing to do with them. I doubt very much that this elder could take better care of my family than me. Past experience showed me that these elders have no more expertise than me in rescue missions in case of a disaster. Civil autorities are the way to go...

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

Anyone....?

• CrimsonAshes
    CrimsonAshes

What about the packet? Did they hand those out?

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Just more fear mongering to act as a mental trap.

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

Nothing new.There has been an emergency contact sheet for several years.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

It will just be a congregational thing by a local Elder. Quite a few did that after the boxing day tsunami.

Being prepared isn't stupid ... pretending it is preparing for Jehovah finally managing to drag his sorry arse out of the privy and doing something the Watchtower said he would, is.

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

This "in-case-of-disaster" arrangement is just another way to make the sheep believe the WTS really cares for their well being, but the hidden agenda is to reaffirms the elders authority over the sheep and that they should submit to their instruction if they want to benefit from God's protection....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit