How to help a friend who has left the truth!!1

by caswinchester 18 Replies latest jw experiences

• unstopableravens
    unstopableravens

watchtower does not equal truth. jesus equals truth . welcome!

• problemaddict
    problemaddict

Send him here. Its best, and people can speak his language. Maybe he stays, maybe he goes, but at least he OWNS whatever decision he makes with open eyes.

• perfect1
    perfect1

stop calling it the truth! its the lie!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Quick suggestion...

Use the "search" function on this site and look up:

fade

successful fade

how to fade successfully

I hope this helps...

Zid

• atrapado
    atrapado

If he was my friend I would find out what he thinks about the so called Truth? Does he still think is the truth or is he over it?

I have 2 sisters that where no longer envolved with the JW for many years. They both married non-JWs. Physically they were out but mentally they where still in. People in this cituation torment themselfs because they think that when big A comes they'll die and always think that maybe some day they'll go back.

This forum has tons of resources if that is the case or just ask.

• zeb
    zeb

did his parents ever have a life? was he allowed to have ahobby that was not pushed to second place by having to..'get ready for meeting/s'.

did his parents ever have an education?

what does he do fro a living?

• zeb
    zeb

and if your family is never going to speak to you again what is the loss? what would they talk about?... the "truth" which means evryone else in the cong or who is going out with who?

• Splash
    Splash

Help him reason that he isn't leaving the org, the org has left him.

The teachings he orignally accepted have changed so much that it's now a different religion.

If his parents persist, get them to answer one or two key problem doctrines, not taking 'Wait on Jehovah" as an answer.

Maybe they don't see the problems so cannot understand why he is leaving.

BTW, Welcome Caswinchester!

Splash.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Jgnat and Black Sheep have the real truth of it.

One approach that is reasonably sound is to make sure he indicates that he was never given a choice about becoming a JW. He is stumbled by the Pedophile issue and the cruelty of shunning. Only the Amish, some Mennonites, the Mormons and Scientology shun. It's more a tool of high control religions who are fearful then a loving Christian position.

Always stay away from issues that lead to a JC if he wants to keep a relationship alive with his parents.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit