Watchtower Artwork Revisited...

by Mr. Falcon 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

If you search for David Iannelli, there is quite a bit that you can find about him. Barbara Anderson said this about him: " Another senior writer, David Iannelli, was assigned to work with Karl on the book. During my first day in the Writing Department, David saw me standing alone in the Writing Department Library and came over to talk. I clearly remember him telling me how thrilled I should be to have been transferred to Writing. He said Bethelites would “kill” to get my job. I thought I knew what he meant and smiled."

"Everybody who came to live at Bethel was picked to become part of the staff because of their excellent “spiritual” qualifications shown through participation in the evangelizing work. Rather than working at secular-type support jobs at Bethel, I knew, if given a choice, most Bethelites would have chosen to spend their work-day totally immersed in “spiritual” matters. The Writing Department was the hub which all Bethel revolved around because it was Watchtower literature that was the backbone of the religion; hence, I knew the Writing Department was the most coveted place to work."

"David noted my grin and then repeated his words, this time more forcefully. He said, “I mean it, Bethelites would kill for the job you have been given and don’t forget it!” Sobered and a bit confused by those words, I offered some small talk and walked away as I began to try to find my way around the library looking at the first question on my “to do” assignment sheet from Karl."

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/barbara-anderson.html

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here's a fantastic post by Barbara Anderson regarding WHO wrote some of the publications: http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/176069/1/Andersonsinfo-question-Who-wrote-them

An interesting question comes up in this thread: Were they all of the annointed. Barbara answers with: " When I was in Writing (now called "Editorial Department), there's wasn't one writer who professed to be "anointed.""

Also note that a main offender of misquoting sources comes up a couple times: Harry Peloyan. He was responsible for the "Trinity" brochure and the "Life- How did it get here?" Book. Both are notorious for their use of selective quoting of sources.

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

He makes an interesting admission that the "Questions from Readers" do not come from outside readers.

I remember wondering about that when I was a teenager. Hah! Too funny!

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

Christ Alone: It is funny, isn't it? When I was at Bethel I was counseled for owning a LOTR movie. You can get be disqualified for privileges or serving at Bethel if you watch R-rated movies. If I were an artist that did promotional stuff for those movies, the elders in my local congregation would no doubt counsel me and have me on their shit list.

Yet, when the Branch wants your skills, spirituality doesn't matter.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    When I was at Bethel I was counseled for owning a LOTR movie.

I know of at least 3 JWs dooshes who, each one upon being asked by me if they liked LOTR, exclaimed, "What?! I don't watch those! I don't want demons in my house!!"

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Funny thing...I was at bethel when Fellowship of the Ring came out. Me and a bunch of guys from my work crew went on opening night. Interestingly, on the way back one of the guys said, "I feel like I need to read my bible now...I feel the demons."

Hmmm.....

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    Yet, when the Branch wants your skills, spirituality doesn't matter.

CA, I never went to Bethel, but I was involved with the RBCs. This is so damn true. If there was some JW who was barely active but had some specialized engineering or construction skill they needed, or maybe he had some connection to some hard to get equipment or whatever, suddenly he met "spiritual" qualifications and was treated like a captain of the high school football team.

• Mr. Falcon
    Mr. Falcon
    I was at bethel when Fellowship of the Ring came out. Me and a bunch of guys from my work crew went on opening night. Interestingly, on the way back one of the guys said, "I feel like I need to read my bible now...I feel the demons."

hahaha Goodness, we were so lame. it's a wonder any of us male JW dorks got laid.

• johnnyblazedog
    johnnyblazedog

@ronwashington-

Soooooo true. I grew up with a jdub who was an amazing artist, he made his breakthrough in the comic book business. After years of trying he was starting to work for Marvel and Image Comics, he was awarded a monthly comic book and he was making BIG bucks. Only problem was that his comic dealt with a character named "Morbious", sort of a living vampire. Once the elders got wind of it, it was all over for his career. They made him quit his job and that was the end of it!! I wonder how this guy (Jason Palmer) is not reprimanded for any of his work that is clearly not JW friendly!!! Its a CULT!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

It's so true. There were some guys that got accepted and went to Patterson to work in audio/video that I knew. They all went to college. And they all were trying to "break in" to Hollywood. Not exactly your typical "SPIRITUAL GIANTS". But these guys made it to audio/video and had some of the most enviable jobs possible. Of course, they contributed to the Noah video...so how skilled could they be?!?!? But to be fair, these guys were actually pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJeYdYB4X84

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit