As of September 2012,20 branch offices are CLOSING DOWN

by raymond frantz 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

Fresh out of the jw.org website http://www.jw.org/en/news/by-region/world/jehovahs-witnesses-office-consolidation/

The Society as from September 2012 is closing 20 branches worldwide .The best bit is the last paragraph :

Workers are available to spend more time preaching

Because of the mergers, qualified ministers who had been serving in small branches can now concentrate on preaching the good news.

A Witness in Africa, who was reassigned to the preaching activity, wrote: " Adjusting my lifestyle to suit the new circumstances was a challenge during the first few months. However, being in the ministry daily has brought me joy and blessings beyond measure. Presently, I am conducting Bible studies with 20 people, and some of them now attend congregation meetings.

Imagine being in Bethel for decades and being told to move out with no job qualifications ,to look after yourself ina third world country and being expected to do more service?

What a priviledge!

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

They sure can twist anything to sound GOOD! It sure sounds better than "Branch office going out of business!"

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

this is DOWNGRADING in a MASSIVE SCALE

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Here is an interesting side point. The article says: There are two main reasons for the changes.

Then they give ONE reason for the closure:

1. Technology has simplified the work

Ok...valid. That could be the case. So what's the second REASON for the closure?

2. Workers are available to spend more time preaching

Wait a second...that's not a REASON for the closure. That's a result of the closure... Could they not come up with another reason? I guess it sounds better than "We done run out of money..."

• designs
    designs

All of those properties (paid by us) sold instead of helping their own members who could use affordable housing of the seniors who may need housing.

• raymond frantz
    raymond frantz

"Designs" ,I remember when in the early 90's they used 2000 unpaid brothers and sisters to build the Greek Bethel ,and then within 2 years they sold for massive profit ,big scandal ,and big dissapointment for the Greek brothers

• designs
    designs

raymond- The positive side is everytime the Wt screws the friends more leave. Tough to see your hard work and money go down the toilet but it is a wakeup call.

• sir82
    sir82

Hail the theocracy, ever decreasing,

Wondrous contraction is now taking place!

• Satanus
    Satanus

Yah, you'ld think that the revenues from the sales would be used at least partly, to give compensation to the evicted bethelites to give them a start at life on the outside. It's gotta a be a dash of cold water for them.

S

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Twenty?! Wow.

Brings three questions to mind:

- How many does that make total, now, and in which countries?

- Has anybody ever made a timeline of WT property sales?

- Has the Legal Department advised them to do this becasue they anticipate upcoming pedo lawsuit verdicts?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit