ARE YOU SCARED THAT GOD WILL KILL YOU "SOON"?

by clarity 39 Replies latest watchtower bible

• clarity
    clarity

Just started to research the who's who of gods!

Really helps to not take any of this 'god' power seriously!

http://home.swbell.net/dndylion/paganreligions.html, Roots of Christianity:

Greek Pagan Religion: Dionysus is another savior-god. He was worshipped throughout much of the Middle East as well. He had a center of worship in Jerusalem in the 1st century BCE. Some ancient coins have been found in Gaza with Dionysus on one side and JHWH (Jehovah) on the other . In later years, his flesh and blood were symbolically eaten in the form of bread and wine .

http://www.theosociety.org/pasadena/etgloss/ja-jz.htm, Encyclopedic Theosophical Glossary: Ja-Jz:

Jehovah Nissiyehowah nissi (Hebrew) [from nes lofty, an elevation + i mine] Jehovah, my elevation; in the Bible the altar built by Moses (Ex 17:15); Blavatsky maintains that this aspect of Jehovah was equivalent to Dionysos or Bacchus , and that the Jews worshiped this deity (the androgyne of Nissi) as the Greeks might have worshiped Bacchus and Osiris. Tradition has it that Bacchus was reared in a cave of Nysa, which is between Phoenicia and Egypt. As the son of Zeus, he was named for his father (gen Dios) and the place: Dio-Nysos (the Zeus or Jove of Nysa). Diodorus identifies this Dionysos with Osiris

clarity

• still thinking
    still thinking

I'll add him to my list...

• Heaven
    Heaven

My job is gonna kill me before God does.

• Violia
    Violia

I know you are joking but I ( and others) used to worry about this. I recall in '75 a young bro ( friend) just out of Bethel asking me if I thought Armageddon was coming soon and he worried he was not good enough. I told him no, Armageddon would not arrive b/c the Bible said we would not know the day or hour. I also told him the following:

A householder(tm) once told me if jws were the only survivors of Armageddon, he'd rather be dead ( words to that affect). I was a bit taken aback -but understood. I realized that if God wanted to kill me -what on earth could I do to stop Him? I feel very calm about this now b/c I know I am a reasonably decent person. If I am not good enough and God wants self righteous nasty hypocrites to inherit the earth- well so be it. If I am not good enough then nothing I could ever do would make me good enough. I would hate being in the new system with a bunch of jws drones or any kind of drones. I feel calm knowing that whatever God decides will be OK. It will have to be b/c if this is all real, it is out of my hands anyway.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

No, every soul shall taste death, there is no escaping that. So I do fear Him. But I'm ok with that. May He protect us all who believe. He is the Merciful, The Most Kind

• happy@last
    happy@last

I'd love one of those ancient coins! Can you imagine how freaked out JWs would get seeing their god one side and a pagan the other, wonder which side is heads or tails?

To answer the question, no I'm not scared, when it's time for me to go its my time, not in gods time, I don't believe in any divine timetable.

• Nambo
    Nambo

Well it looks to me like the only ones Jesus kills are those who take military action against him, and those that accepted the Mark of the Beast.

So, long as you avoid these two things, you should be OK.

16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, King Of Kings, And Lord Of Lords .

17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God;

18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great.

19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army.

20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone.

21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

Yes 'Dionysus is another savior-god' rings a bell with me Clarity. I think, casting my mind back to an art history course I did years ago, that there is a link between Dionysus and Jesus. There are statues from classical Greece of Hermes carrying the baby Dionysus which have been compared to paintings of St Christopher carrying the Christ Child across a river.

Dionysus is the god of wine-making and the grape harvest equivalent to the Roman Bacchus. Jesus did turn water in to wine. It's such a shame that as legends merged it became a bad thing to hold a Bacchanalian party within Christianity. More revelling, less self-sacrifice I say

• perfect1
    perfect1

If God sees me comin hes gonna have some splainin to do.

• elderelite
    elderelite

No. Thor is protector of midgard (earth) not a killer of its inhabitants. Only frost giants need fear, and i am no frost giant.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit