More control over the Flock?!

by DATA-DOG 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Oh jeepers, I can remember hosting the bookstudy group on Tuesdays and then the field service group on Saturdays. Racing to get dinner over with and the dishes done in time, making sure you didn't cook something that would smell up the house. Dusting and vacuuming twice a week. Arranging chairs and then taking them down. What a chore privilege that was!

All the same, that was my favorite meeting because you did develop some intimacy within the group. Why did they abolish it?

The Saturday Morning Grind

Scottleblog: The Odd Life of Jehovah's Witnesses

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

The Short Version:

We know you Lazy Ass JW`s are Complaining Again..

If you want to be Happy..

"Go out in the Field Service"..

Now that things have been Explained

The WBT$ would like you to..

............................... mutley-ani1.gif image by GeneralWaco... OUTLAW

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Yep!!

• baltar447
    baltar447

Yay people are bitching and complaining. GOOD

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

I don't see anything different in those instructions compared to the past. The reality though is that cliques develop and people work with who they want, and they do it month after month. That goes for the overseers and the rest.

They can try to force you to be with different ones in the hall, but it just doesn't work, JWs do what they want to do as long as they aren't DFd for it.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

EDITED: The reality though is that cliques develop and people work with sit at Starbucks with who they want, and they do it month after month.

Doc

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

This article is pretty interesting because if you read between the lines it shows that the elders aren't following the branch's direction for field services groups. Since they started the whole arrangement, every single elder & servant meeting I went to had a few minutes to 'reminding' the brothers of this responsibility. I've also talked to elders who indicated that the CO gave them an earful about it. I'm sure some of you notice that right before and right after a CO visit, the elders do shepherding calls and all the other stuff they should have been doing.

Pretty pathetic.

• neverscreamagain
    neverscreamagain

Outlaw- Best laugh I had all morning!

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

"Under Jehovah's care, we lack nothing. (Ps. 23:1) Many blessings are available through our field service group."

I've found that when somedubby has to be told that they're "lacking nothing" and that they're receiving "many blessings," they generally are lacking many things and aren't receiving blessings. It's the equivalent of telling someone cold and hungry that Jehovah will keep them "warm and well fed."

• nochoice
    nochoice

Feild service attendance on Saturday morning at the Group Homes is very, very low. Our Brothers have been talking about combining some groups so the attendance could double and there be more support. Where there are 15-20 publishers assigned to a group, there may be 2 or 3 publishers showing up along with the Group Overseer and his wife. Combing groups would increase that to 2 car groups at least!

If other halls are suffering like we are, the KM is meant to increase Group Home support. We have publishers that go out a couple times during the week, but skip Saturday Group Home service! The reason is simple - you don't want to work with the people that do show up at the home! It gets old. These tend to be the extra needy depressed publishers that make a sucky morning even worse.

During the week, you can pick your partners a bit easier because more people are there. This is not to say that more publishers go out Monday-Friday, it's just that when they're all at the hall instead of being divided up in 6 or 7 groups, it only takes 2 out per group to make 14 freinds out. That's much better odds to have a good partner or car group than the Saturday Group Home meeting for field service!

And if you look at all the group lists, you'll find that the Brothers do a good job of spreading around the lame, depressed, annoying publishers. There is no group that has all solid, fun, stable publishers. And for some reason, lately they've been asking us to stick to our Groups even on the First Saturday of the Month when we all meet at the hall! What? W've got 40 people to choose from and we have to go seek out the same lame people we're stuck with the other 4 Saturdays?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit