Research help

by DIM 14 Replies latest jw friends

• DIM
    DIM

I'm having very stressful dealings with my parents lately....can anyone please help me or direct me to the right place on the 1995 or 1999 cd-roms about (a) where it tells you to investigate your religion and (b) where they bash other religions. thanks.

• mindfield
    mindfield

"Revelation Its Grand Climax At Hand!", a book diligently studied by many JWs until recently, has following paragraphs.

"... the clergy of Christendom have been the most prominent members of Satan's seed." (p30)
    "All her hundreds of millions of church members, if they continue to support Christendom's religion, become like scorched blades of grass, spiritually wilted in God's eyes." (p134)

"No one looking at the fruits of the third of the world occupied by Christendom can deny that she is groping in gross spiritual darkness. She is most blameworthy, for she claims to be Christian. Hence, it is only proper that the fourth angel should trumpet the fact that Christendom's "light" is, in fact, darkness, and her sources of "light" are Babylonish-non-Christian." (p140)

"Christendom is truly the most reprehensible part of Satan's system of things." (p141)

"In other places, the Kingdom literature continues to expose Christendom's Babylonish doctrines and ways, bringing her deserved harm in a figurative way." (p154)

--------

Copied from website...

• mindfield
    mindfield

http://www.geocities.com/osarsif/think.htm

Excellent website, but you'll have to read it to find exactly what you want.

• mindfield
    mindfield

Oh, and I hope that it goes well with your parents! I'm with you all the way!

• garybuss
    garybuss

Hi DIM,

Parents make the very worst debating partners I have ever found.

The Truth That Leads To Eternal Life, WTB&TS 1968 chapter 2 is titled Why is it wise to examine your religion. You are looking for page 13, paragraph 5.

Also the book, Knowledge That Leads To Everlasting Life WTB&TS, 1995 has the test your beliefs in chapter 5. The famous poison well comment is on page 47, paragraph 10. Advise to examine our worship rather than religion is on page 51, par 20

There are a LOT of quotes like these in Watch Tower Publishing Corporation products.

Hope you just decide to not debate with parents.

gb

• DIM
    DIM

thank you for all of these suggestions...my mom called here on the west coast the other day and wanted to debate why we aren't going to meetings...i kept telling her i didn't want to discuss it, but she kept hammering at me. by the end my mom hung up on me in tears and she had my wife in tears. ugh. i'm avoiding another debate as much as possible, but i want to be prepared.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

DIM.

Stonewall, my friend. 3000 miles is a nice distance. Use it to your advantage.

Your mother sounds very much like my mother-in-law, a very needy, dependent, frightened woman who hen-pecks because she is afraid of everything. Don't know if your mom is the same way or not.

Give me a mail if you like. The best way to debate is to tug the heartstrings, because facts they can always twist against you, by denying the source, or shunning the facts.

Use emotion in dealing with her. Explain the EMOTIONAL hurt you feel (as to the org and it's policies, etc). She can't deny your feelings, in the end, and it may silence her for a bit.

Again, if you want to mail me.

ashi

• Princess
    Princess

It's been a long time since I've read any of the pubs but doesn't the Mankinds Search For God book have an intro on examining your religion?

Good luck Dim!
    Princess

• seedy3
    seedy3

Perhaps this sight will help

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/verify.htmverify you religon
    or
    http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/verify_not.htm do not verify your religon

Seedy

edited cause I screwed up my bold print LOL

• DIM
    DIM

here's the letter i mailed my parents 2 days ago. i had to stretch the truth a bit with regards to being an "apostate" but other than that its dead on (i took out all names):

Mom and Dad,

I wanted to write to you after the emotional phone conversation between me and mom. I want to assure you that I love you both very much and I really don’t want to hurt you. I do not wish to discuss anything to do with those topics for the forseeable future as they only seem to disintegrate into an attack upon my character flaws and the reading of various scriptures at me, which I’m sure causes you great pain and I can assure you does the same to me. I am not “apostate” or anything like that. I have valid questions that cannot be answered and that is all. I respect your lives and where they have taken you and I wish that you would give me the same consideration. I would very much appreciate it if you did not tell my personal feelings to your friends. These feelings are between me, Jehovah, and you. DIM's wife feels the same way as I do about everything. If you feel that keeping DIM's sister away from us is the right thing to do, then by all means please do that. But if you do decide to do that please let her know that we love her very much and that we wish she was allowed to be with us. I wish things hadn’t gone as poorly as they had on the phone today, but they did. I hope we will not have a strained relationship in the future, as I love you both very much. Anyway, I hope to hear from you soon.

Love –

DIM and MRS. DIM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit