Nov 26 KM Item: Their Surplus Offset aDeficiency

by Splash 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Splash
    Splash

Coming up in a few weeks is an item on the Service meeting, covering the item on p.8-9 of WT Nov 2012., based on Galatians 2:10 "Only we should keep the poor in mind."

We're then reminded of ways we can do this in the box "How some choose to contribute to the worldwide work" which has section headings:

· OUTRIGHT DONATIONS

· CONDITIONAL DONATION ARRANGEMENT

· CHARITABLE PLANNING

· Insurance

· Bank Accounts

· Stocks and Bonds

· Real Estate

· Gift Annuity

· Wills and Trusts

and a reference to the publication Charitable Planning to Benefit Kingdom Service Worldwide

A timely reminder for us all, I'm sure you'll agree, and a fine item to look forward to.

I wonder if there are any here who will be giving this item?

Splash

• 00DAD
    00DAD

How exactly does ANY of that relate to "the poor"?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

WT helping the poor? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA! They won't even help a retired CO.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Keep warm and well fed homeless people...

Governing Body

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

wasn't there a thread about a city donating towards a DC on the condition that they participate in charitble work in the area. How did they lie and get away with it?

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

How exactly does ANY of that relate to "the poor"?

The "poor" WTS needs your money, estate, trusts, stocks & bonds, jewelry, etc.

Doc

• sir82
    sir82

Wait, that needs a little editing to make it clearer;

Their Surplus Offsets a Deficiency Your surplus offsets the Watchtower's deficiency due to lawsuit settlements and penalties

• rip van winkle
    rip van winkle

for those still asleep, they believe that the wtbts will use these charitable gifts to further the preaching and to build halls, etc. for those of us that woke up, the only "charity" the wtbts gives to is themselves. no charity. no homeless shelters, hospitals, food banks, etc. a big fat zero.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They aren't getting anything from me. I already spent my surplus funds on silver (which the witlesses are not getting access to), besides the batteries (too bad for them, without the chargers, they are worthless), flashlights and lanterns (worthless to them), chargers (they cannot use them), LED light bulbs (which they probably don't even know how to work), Christmas lights and decorations (something that is of negative value to a witless), and quality items such as clothing and small appliances/utensils. I keep just enough for regular expenses in my bank, making sure that whatever I have that they could find is spent on silver.

This means that, even if they could somehow threaten, harass, or force me back into the washtowel, they are going to have a miserable time getting any money out of me. I won't even let them borrow anything. Even my flashlight, which is one of those Fenix 2 X AA models and can be carried in field circus or at boasting sessions, has a low setting that will help me without helping anyone else in the event of a blackout at the a$$embly hell. They are getting precisely nothing out of me. As for my surplus, it goes right into silver so I can survive when the financial system finally does collapse and they can't keep dummy blocking it.

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

Why o Why would they plan these meetings in the last quarter of the year (or even in holiday seasons?)... In the fourth quarter people spend the most money on charities ;)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit