Where is the money ?

by happy man 18 Replies latest jw friends

• happy man
    happy man

Some of the signatures here say that JW are a moneykollecting company, it is very hard to think. If you compare to other religions as mormons for exampel it is a bigg diffrens.If we where out for the money we could use other methodes much better.
    I think that i never se any form of evedens on this.
    So if some here have this, show it.

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Happy man

The brothers who live by means of the good news do try to live in dignity, by dressing respectfully. Undoubtedly you will have several here on this board swear that they live like rich men. The fact is though that if any person on the Governing Body had put there time into making money in this world instead of living their lives devoted to spiritual concerns they would be amongst the most wealthy people there are. As you will agree, they are not money lovers, they love being the richest spiritually.

Yadirf

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

• Carmel
    Carmel

how do you spell "P A T T E R S O N?"

• Geordie
    Geordie

J/W's havnt got much money.
    WTBTS on the other hand has millions upon millions all over the world.
    Almost 1 billion in new york alone.

Go to the section "Scandal and cover-ups". Work your way through that lot, you will find all the evidence you need to start doing some research.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Yadirf,

The fact is though that if any person on the Governing Body had put there time into making money in this world instead of living their lives devoted to spiritual concerns they would be amongst the most wealthy people there are.

You may be right, you may also be wrong, hardly could be described as a 'fact' though, I would venture.

I do agree however, that those who feel that the GB are motivated by the desire for wealth have missed the issue.

The greed of spiritual conquest, is the most dangerous desire of all, it transcends material desires.

Best regards - HS

• LDH
    LDH
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The fact is though that if any person on the Governing Body had put there time into making money in this world instead of living their lives devoted to spiritual concerns they would be amongst the most wealthy people there are.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How wrong you are!!! The majority of the higher ups at Brooklyn have NO JOB SKILLS whatsoever.

In addition, most Elders couldn't be appointed as Vice-President in Charge of Pitted Prunes at the local supermarket.

They thrive in JW land because they LOVE the feeling of superiority they earned by brown-nosing.

Well wait a minute!!! that just might make them GREAT politicians!

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

They are not doing too bad. They fly first class, they stay in the best hotels in foreign lands when they fly in to give talks and people look up to them as if they were gods. They hang onto every word they say and they are quoted all if their words had magic. I heard once that the brothers in third world countries would have been so proud to have the governing body brothers stay with them when they fly in to make special talks. But oh, no. The GB brothers can't stay with the poor JW's. They have to seek out expensive, first class hotels. Their livelihood is taken care of very well. They are definitely not suffering like some of the poor members of their organization nor are they struggling to make ends meet.

• Solace
    Solace

Show me the money!!!
    Sorry,,
    Its only for the W.T.S.

Other religious organizations offer assistance to people in the community.
    The Salvation Army and St.Vincent Depaul organizations in my community assist low income people with their heat bills, rent, food, shelter etc.
    Has your local Kingdom hall ever done this for disadvantaged or low income people in the community?
    Has your Kingdom hall ever helped members of your own congregation who were desperate financially?

Didnt think so.

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Money is only one of the many smaller problems of the WTBTS. There are many larger ones they will answer for.

UADNA-New Jersey Chapter-"OUR REACH IS FAR, OUR CAUSE IS JUST"

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

HS

I've always appreciated your courtesy.

The greed of spiritual conquest, is the most dangerous desire of all, it transcends material desires.
    I assume you to be saying then that in your opinion the GB are consumed with a quest for power. Or did I not understand you correctly?

If so, I don't know why you think so. You're saying that, like some politicians have a greed for political power (it having become more important to them than having more money), likewise the GB has opted for power in the religious realm instead of going for the gold.

Regarding “power”, which equates with authority, every person that holds a responsible position has to be granted authority. Disagree?

Daniel 11:35 ... a KEY prophecy that must be fulfilled before the "time of the end" gets underway.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit