Has the WT responded to the Bryants affair?

by avengers 11 Replies latest jw friends

• avengers
    avengers

I've heard of responses from so many people all over the world offering their sympathy. I've looked all over for a reaction of the Governing Body. Have they reacted in any kind of way offering their sympathy or condolences? Or are they gonna continue with their insanity so that in the future we can see similar cases? God forbid.

Thank you all on this board for the research done to uncover the ways of the WT. It is so sad things have to go this far.

Andy

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I would be interested in an official comment as well. Unfortunately it is not too difficult to discern what it would be.

They would probably acknowlege that they were disfellowshipped for unspecified reasons, citing the scriptural principles for this and highlighting that the individual was an "unrepentant wrongdoer". They would indicate that disfellowshipped people can return to the flock when they are repentant.

They would acknowlege this was a tragic incident, but would feel it had nothing to do with the decision to be disfellowshipped and might even view it as further justification for their decision.

I suspect most people who do kill themselves are disfellowshipped or inactive, which plays into their reasoning that these people were no longer Witnesses so this matter does not concern them.

Path

• JT
    JT

Path says:

"their reasoning that these people were no longer Witnesses so this matter does not concern them"

bottom line, when you consider that the WT is merely a US Corporation-

being that the Bryants no longer are part of their staff and has decided to leave THE FIRM-

as with most Corp in America , unless the person was an Officer and in the case of Bryant he was merely a Laborer there really is not need to comment on the matter. It has nothing to do with the Corp, so the Corp Home Office would not issue any type of statement of Corp Letterhead.

sad but true , as they say "IT AIN'T PERSONAL IT'S JUST BUSINESS"

and WT is a Business

smile

• outnfree
    outnfree

No, the Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses won't comment officially.

The only "comments" that will be offered will be at the Shingle Springs, CA Kingdom Hall when the Witness community who shunned their lifelong friends and brother will offer the memorial service sales pitch in an attempt to make themselves feel good about their unrelenting self-righteousness!!! Oh, and the wonderful "resurrection hope" as "only Jehovah can read hearts."

Sick!

outnfree

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts -- John Wooden

• discuss
    discuss

point taken biggs

• Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

Thanks, discuss. :o)

• Will Power
    Will Power

I'd be interested to know if any who served on Bryant's judicial committee, or others from his old congo would, after a reasonable & unsuspecting length of time, quietly fade, or at the very least, consider how their words, actions & treatment can impact someone else for years afterwards.

Wake up Call!

• Mulan
    Mulan

I can't imagine that they will comment on this. Maybe in a few months, they will allude to it in an Awake article, but not specifically. IMO

Marilyn (aka Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• speechless
    speechless

JT - great clarification!

I'd further your comments by saying they should be included in Fortunes magazine's annual "worst companies to work for" report!

I'd wish they'd also cease being legally immune to private lawsuits being that they are a "corporation"

Maybe if all ex-JWs would unite and file a class-action lawsuit? seeking lost pay, lost benefits, etc...

hhhmmm...

• Will Power
    Will Power

..... Mental anguish, slander, loss of ability to provide, wrongful dismissal, fraud, tax evasion, facilitating a felony, sex discrimination, depraved indifference causing bodily harm & death.............

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit