Remember A.I. ?

by Introspection 18 Replies latest social entertainment

• Introspection
    Introspection

I know we talked about it when it was playing in the theaters, but I'm too lazy to look up that thread and I think it was in the main forum anyway. I just got the DVD and watched half of it. If you haven't seen it it's definitely worth renting. If you have, wanna talk about it?

• Angharad
    Angharad

I really liked it, was crying my eyes out.

I think the little boy (cant remember his name) is a fantastic actor, sometimes kids in films are quite wooden, but he is great and has a huge future in acting. Also if you have not seen sixth sense which he was also in, its well worth renting.

• discuss
    discuss

It was probably one of the worst movies I have
    ever seen. People in the theater I was at
    lauged at the ending. I believe it had 4 different endings,
    but it never ended.

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

I hated this movie. Perhaps I'm a bit too...emotional. But a woman leaving a child alone in the woods (yes, I know he was supposed to be a mecca) and the whole movie revolving around this poor little child's desire just to be normal, just to be loved...*sobs*. I can't even think about this movie without getting all upset. I cried all throughout this movie. I just can't cope with the idea of a child suffering...even if it was a "robot" child. I can't stand to see children hurting...in real life or in "the movies".

sadie

I believe it had 4 different endings, but it never ended.
    It had 4 different endings? Really?
    The one I watched ended with David finally hearing his mother say the words that he had longed to hear his whole life..."I love you, David". Once she says it, she then falls asleep (never to awaken) and David lays down beside her and for the first time ever, he falls asleep too. And poor teddy climbs up in the bed and sits there, looking at the two of them asleep. I believe the narrator says that David never wakes up again either. Talk about your happy ending. Poor little teddy bear...
  • WildHorses
    WildHorses

What about the movie D.a.r.r.y.l? I haven't seen AI but it sounds like it would be kind of like that movie.

Has anyone seen D.a.r.r.y.l?

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Mister Biggs
    Mister Biggs

I heard mixed reviews about the movie. I guess I should rent it if you guys think it is good.

• Shimmer
    Shimmer

I liked the movie, hated the ending. But, I think the mother was only trying to protect her "real" boy. She had no idea that her son was manipulating events to make it look like David was trying to hurt him. I think dumping him in the woods was a bit harsh though.

My daughter asked an interesting question after watching it. She asked me if God is an alien. And it made me wonder................ I told her anything is possible.

wadda ya think?

Shimmer

Maybe being oneself is alway an acquired taste.-----PATRICIA HAMPL

• sadiejive
    sadiejive

Hey Lilacs,
    I remember D.A.R.Y.L.

Actually, I rented it a couple of weeks ago for my kids to watch. Here lately, I've been trying to rent a lot of the movies I grew up with, like ET, Goonies, Never Ending Story, Willow, etc...,for my kids to see. I liked DARYL. It is a light movie with a good ending. A.I. on the other hand is veeerrrryyy depressing all the way through to the end. Just when you think things couldn't get any worse for the poor kid, it does. In all fairness, it is a good movie (well thought out, good plot, yada..yada), it's just very sad. And personally, I get enough of sadness from reality, you know?

...Oh, and sorry that I gave away the ending of A.I. I didn't even think about those who hadn't seen it.

Sadie

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

"Goonies, Never Ending Story, Willow,"

Sadie, I still loves these movies, and so do my kids. Goonies being my favorite. I always laugh when I see that movie. Cory Feldman is so funny.

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.
  • Introspection
    Introspection

Have those of you who've seen AI seen Blade Runner?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit