Delete posts. Possible?

by Hairtrigger 7 Replies latest forum suggestions

• Hairtrigger
    Hairtrigger

Simon

I sent you a pm but, not having received a response, I am assuming you didn't get it. Question. Is there a way to delete a post and repost anew after making changes? I mean long after the 30 minutes 'edit', time is over ? Alternatively, could you delete the post upon request from me so that I could repost the edited version?

Sorry I had to post here. Thanks

Hairtrigger.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Hi Simon i`m sorry ,but this is the only way i could get a message to you .Apparently I`m banned from starting a new post on the forum for unintentionally spamming? I have apologised to you for breaking this rule and have never heard anything back from you as to how long before I can start a post again ? If ever ,its been weeks now and it has upset me.

I love this forum and feel I am being hard done by. At least I wasn`t banned completely as I could still post a comment on other peoples posts .

I am not computer literate and I`m 80 years old ,surely you can cut me some slack?

smiddy3

• stillin
    stillin

Hairtrigger, you could just wait a bit. Your post will be so far back that most people will never see it again. It wouldn't be fair to the ones who responded to your original post if you were to edit it or delete it now. Keep the posts coming, though!

Smiddy! I never saw anything in any of your posts that would warrant that sort of reaction from Simon. Ever. Maybe something goofy in the computer. For a bit there I could start a thread but not reply to a thread. I got thinking, "Maybe Simon doesn't like my replies." Which is true, sometimes he doesn't, but he usually just mocks me and let's it go. So I decided that there was some sort of glitch in the program. That's probably all it is with you.

• atomant
    atomant

sorry to hear that smiddy3 lve always enjoyed reading your new posts and comments maybe he had a bad hair day or something.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Maybe you guys were not keeping up with the suggested donation plan here.

MC / Visa / Amex / PayPal are accepted.

Rub a Dub

• Simon
    Simon
    I sent you a pm but, not having received a response, I am assuming you didn't get it.

Correct, I have not had any PM from you.

Question. Is there a way to delete a post and repost anew after making changes? I mean long after the 30 minutes 'edit', time is over ? Alternatively, could you delete the post upon request from me so that I could repost the edited version?

Sorry, I have better things to do with my time and deleting / reposting shits all over the people who have bothered to post replies. Write your post, proof read it, decide it's ready before you submit it. The edit limit is to protect against people being dicks.

• Simon
    Simon
    Apparently I`m banned from starting a new post on the forum for unintentionally spamming? I have apologised to you for breaking this rule and have never heard anything back from you as to how long before I can start a post again ? If ever ,its been weeks now and it has upset me.
    I am not computer literate and I`m 80 years old ,surely you can cut me some slack?

I'll re-enable it but as I said, I have other things to spend my time on - if it appears people are doing things to deliberately create work (or of that's the net effect, regardless of intent) my first reaction is to save myself some time and just block it.

My experience is that if I make a polite request for people to refrain from doing something, if people immediately start doing it or arguing about it, they tend to be determined to cause more issues in future so my instinct now is to shoot first and ask questions later. Sometimes the "issues" people have are most definitely deliberate which is why they are prevented from posting or PMing etc... I don't have patience for idiots.

I'll accept your explanation that you made a mistake.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Thank you Simon I appreciate that ,i`m happy again .

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit