Devils Advocate-A Question for X-JW's

by apostate man 24 Replies latest jw friends

• apostate man
    apostate man

OK, I am going to play devils advocate and ask the question: Are the JW's CORRECT about ANYTHING? Surely there has to be something that is commonly agreed upon to be correct. I am not talking about what current JW's say, I am not talking about simple things like: read the bible, or be a witness.

There are hundreds of thousands of posts here that say they are mostly incorrect or just wrong. Is there a common doctrine or rule or anything that even most of X-JW's agree is correct? What good could I get from being a witness?

It's not so bad to finish second, because the other guy finished second to last. -A.M.
  • Abaddon
    Abaddon

"Religion is a snare and a racket", is arguably a very good point...

• discuss
    discuss

Of course:

They say:

"They are the true religion."

the actual truth is

"They are the true religion"

Let the flames begin

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Well, if you're not being ironic, or just trolling, and are asking that sincerely, go to the websites at the foot of this page, and one called Watchtower Observer, or just spend some time sat in front of the computer, searching for information about Jehovah's Witnesses.

Then, if you still have questions, come back here.

• apostate man
    apostate man

I think I asked a very honest and sincere question. I dont want this to start any "flame wars" or anything like that. I have been to TONS of JW sites, X and current. I know current JW's say they are the truth and that everything they teach is the truth. I am asking the X-JW's this question. I am only asking for opinions from X-JW's that there has to be something GOOD that they took from being a dub. More so than not even the facts are only theories and opinions when it comes to religion.

• Introspection
    Introspection

Sure there are, they say you're not supposed to kill people and basic things like that. But that's not relevant if you're talking about the religion as a whole and as a system. I suppose that COULD be viewed as common ground, but not really. There are a lot of other religions that say you shouldn't murder, but why should I identify with any of them? As a religion they are very different, you have to look at the context in which those beliefs are found.

• D8TA
    D8TA

What a lie. I D8TA am the TRUE religion.

And see according to: (please insert hundreds of out of context scriptures from any Bible to justify my position), say that I AM THE ONLY TRUE RELIGION! All those other religions, they are of Satan! Don't go to them, really, I have the TRUTH! I live a moral life, I'm good person. This also reinforces my position. A position that I am the "faithfull and discreat slave" that is the visible representation of God, here on earth! REALLY! Follow me! I know the way to salvation!

WHAT??? You dont believe me?

Then why do you believe anonymous writings in your Watchtower and Awakes....the anonymous translations of your New World Translation from people you have NEVER met personally? Why do you choose them over me? You don't know me...You don't know them. Why choose the writings and interpretations of the people at Bethel?

Are people so blind? So deaf? You have people (OTHER HUMANS) telling you: "Why yes, I have that speacial connection to God, therefore I know more than you". And you don't question that? Because of some logic that was borne from the person filling your head with this BS, beacause the Bible says it's so?

Can I restate the question?

There are hundreds of thousands of posts here that say they are mostly incorrect or just wrong. Is there a common doctrine or rule or anything that even most of X-Nazis agree is correct? What good could I get from being a Nazi?

Just to put my perspective on it. But, it's a good question. Affirms with me that a false prophet is what it is, dirty. No good comes from evil.

D8TA

~ A day no season would claim ~

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

OK. They say that the soul is not immortal, and when you die, you are just dead. I agree totally with that.

They also forbid participation in war. Although you can argue this issue in many ways, if more people shared this view, the world would be a better place.

I think that's about it. Overall, you would be hard pressed to find any other group that is so wrong about so many things.

• picosito
    picosito

Becoming a Dub got me to stop smoking.

• Cygnus
    Cygnus

A couple of people have already touched on the points the WT has right.

I will name the very four that the WTS has correct (in my view):

1) you should not murder anybody

2) you should not steal from other people

3) there is no three-headed god

4) when you die, you're really dead

And that's all.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit