Having a hard time holding my tongue...

by problemaddict 2 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Clambake
    Clambake

I always wonder if people who don't make stupid comments at meetings " Thank you Jehovah for giving us the FDS etc etc " , are in some stage of being out ?? Or just don't make comments at all.

I know a MS who made a comment like " Lets make this about Jehovah " after someone made a really really stupid comment. He faded away soon after.

What really pisses me off is there are certain members in each cong that just make comments for pure troll value. Lets see whose eye roll and later lets sick the elders on them.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

problemaddict2 - "Having a hard time holding my tongue..."

Same here; it's slippery and keeps moving around all the time...

x

Clambake - "I always wonder if people who don't make stupid comments at meetings 'Thank you Jehovah for giving us the FDS etc etc', are in some stage of being out?"

There've been plenty of times I've thought that it might be fun to do the opposite just to f**k with the R&F...

...talk like a raving GB fanboy and/or just take WT ideology to it's (il)logical extreme and rant about how much you can't wait for the world and everyone in it to experience the ultimate real-life Roland Emmerich movie.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Your guys comments are fantastic.

I'm still having a hard time with this recently. I'm wondering what switched in me to have such a short fuse recently. Its even gotten to where I WANT to bring it up. Sheesh.

I had a family member upset at me for letting my kid watch schoolhouse rock......because of the three is a magic number song. This person is in their 20's! I just said "I hope you think about how bizarre and strange you sound right now. You really think this kind of nonsensical attention to minute things is the way to get me to think my former religion is NOT insane?"

I just can't shut my trap all of a sudden.

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Vidiot:

There've been plenty of times I've thought that it might be fun to do the opposite just to f**k with the R&F...

...talk like a raving GB fanboy and/or just take WT ideology to it's (il)logical extreme and rant about how much you can't wait for the world and everyone in it to experience the ultimate real-life Roland Emmerich movie.

I would love to do that!! Imagine the next prayer at the hall that I give going something like this:

"Oh Dear father Jehovah, thankyou for the wonderful meeting tonight! The way that you provide such clear and accurate truth through our only approved channel the governing body makes our hearts overflow with appreciation. We know that these most holy ones have your spirit apon them with all that they do and say, and with all of the information they approve to be written. NEVER have they been wrong, or led us astray!. We are greatful that they alone provide us with the TRUTH about the future...yes A FUTURE WE LOOK FORARD TO EAGERLY as we await the decisive destruction of every person, men, women and little children, as well as babies, who have not joined your organization. We look forward to the clean up after your LOVING day of destruction, and we thank the Governing body for being our mediator between us and you. We leave this prayer now in the name of ToMo3, AMEN"

• mana11
    mana11
    Be true to yourself!,, tell the truth about the truth to all you see. Save them with a kind word.
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

StuckInARut: Your prayer is not very far off from one you might hear at any convention.

Doc

• thedepressedsoul
    thedepressedsoul
    "Oh Dear father Jehovah, thankyou for the wonderful meeting tonight! The way that you provide such clear and accurate truth through our only approved channel the governing body makes our hearts overflow with appreciation. We know that these most holy ones have your spirit apon them with all that they do and say, and with all of the information they approve to be written. NEVER have they been wrong, or led us astray!. We are greatful that they alone provide us with the TRUTH about the future...yes A FUTURE WE LOOK FORARD TO EAGERLY as we await the decisive destruction of every person, men, women and little children, as well as babies, who have not joined your organization. We look forward to the clean up after your LOVING day of destruction, and we thank the Governing body for being our mediator between us and you. We leave this prayer now in the name of ToMo3, AMEN"

Haha!

"Please allow us to resist the urge of wearing tight pants. We know the devil himself would like to see us in them but it's only through you that we can resist such urges. We pray for all of those who are over 21 and still not a MS. We know they are imperfect and have spiritual struggles. We pray though that you can be with them but also to help our dear sisters not to date them until they are an MS. Help us to get at least 10 hours each month, we know that any less means we are spiritually weak. Even though none of that is written in your word, we trust your only channel of communication that they can understand and grasp such precious nuggets and keep us clear of the gay fashion industry. Allow us to watch every broadcast as we know the importance and honor that your leaders of your earthly organization deserve. Help us not to get caught up on redefined words or changed meanings as we know the devil is entering our mind. We trust all you say and loyally trust all the GB say even if does not make sense from a human prospective since the devil is trying to mislead us and never our human organization.

• Phizzy
    Phizzy

I still have hard time holding my tongue, with JW's and annoying believers. I sometimes add a snarky comment on some of those sickening believers posts on F.B.

And when a JW spews some utter nonsense I often counter it with truth/facts, but sometimes out of kindness I just say nothing. Some deserve to stay in ignorance and imprisoned by the JW Org.

It gets easier with time though, I now find I can ignore a lot of nonsense, whereas when I first learned TTATT I felt compelled to share it.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Phizzy - "...but sometimes out of kindness I just say nothing..."

Hell, sometimes these guys do a better job discrediting the JW religion than we ever could.

• problemaddict 2
    problemaddict 2

Well said.

Unfortunately the madness never seems to make past the outer layer of the brain before being filtered by the cult personality. It just kills me that so many are completely oblivious. People making little smart comments here and there to me recently has only fueled this.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit