Let's stop beating around the bush. We all know the REAL REASON for the tensions between Atheists and Believers . . .

by nicolaou 73 Replies latest social entertainment

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

This is Vincent Van Gogh.

Vincent van Gogh biography

His father was a man of the cloth. Vincent deeply wanted to be a man of the cloth all his life. He didn't learn to draw well and begin to paint, until he was in his late 20's. And the paintings we love? He painted prolifically until his death at 37. He ministered to people though. He would go and visit the prostitutes and try to encourage them and he would have them pose for him as artists' models. If you ever get the chance, read his letters to his brother Theo. There are many theories as to why he lost his mind, but the one I think makes the most sense is that he had lead poisoning, from licking his paintbrushes to a point. Oil paint was filled with lead.

Vincent Van Gogh--one of us and one my favorite artists and people of all time.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I love that one, NC. One of my favorite Gregorian covers.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

I've had it on cd for years, but never appreciated the female voice at the end until I saw the vid. Then I 'got' it.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Footnote: Vincent felt the Divine was a Mystery and was to seen in the faces of people and in nature.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit