Do you consider yourself a DOOR MAT?

by talesin 27 Replies latest jw friends

• tec
    tec

I have been a doormat. (has nothing to do with jw's; I never got that far along with them) I had low self-esteem... though i didn't really even recognizet that. Then I did something empowering (wrote a book, and in that book was a strong woman who was in authority, so i worked out a lot through that, lol). But it also helped me remember myself, and things that I liked about me but had forgotten. (Though i think I went the 'other way' a bit too much...thinking TOO much of myself... for a spell.)

Now I have a quiet calmness within me. I know myself very well, including my weaknesses. I am not a doormat. I am less concerned with what others think of me, and I am trying to do the right thing regardless of what some might think of me for it. My Lord helped me with the quiet calmness, and inner strength.

Peace,

tammy

• hemp lover
    hemp lover

@elderelite: Well said

@tec: You wrote a book? I'd like to hear about it. If you've already talked about it on the board and don't want to again, please pm me.

To the OP: I think I prefer the term "taken for granted" to doormat. It's less noun-y and doesn't conjure images of feet, mud and bad holiday graphics. I've absolutely been taken for granted by certain people in my life, but instead of throwing a pity party, I stood up for myself and changed my situation.

• tec
    tec

I should have said manuscript, hemp lover. (I've written six of those, so they're not published... yet, lol) I have written one book and gotten it published. But it was not the one I refer to above. I'm sending you a quick pm.

Peace,

tammy

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I just drew the line and sent my grandson to live with his mother.

• tec
    tec

Oh no. What happened? I thought things were really good with your grandson? You can pm me if you want.

Peace,

tammy

• talesin
    talesin

I agree, Hemp Lover. It's hard to hear someone calling himself that, thus my reason for bringing up the topic.

xo

tal

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

I'll send you a PM, TEC.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

To my shame,

I once loved a person. I loved them with all of my heart.

- Lime

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit