Jonathan Holt's wife, Amanda Holt

by blondie 24 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I am sure the elders believed his confession to the authorities. Enough Said!

Not quite enough. Ceaser's laws are not God's laws. Admitting to a crime is not the same as confessing to the spirit anointed elders. Protocol must be kept. A judicial committee meeting must determine his sin and if Sister Holt is free to divorce him and be eligible to remarry.

And that is how WT policy works.... stick to the script brothers. No thought required. No logic or reason needed. Just read it in a book and follow orders. And then the sheeple will follow you.

• undercover
    undercover

It's too easy to play Devil's Advocate when you got Jehovah on your side.

I agree with y'all. I'm just trying to think like an elder - righteous over much...

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I haven’t been able to identify any static approach when it comes congregation judicial action where a J-dub’s been arrested for a crime.

I’ve seen cases where a member of the congregation is publicly reproved after an arrest with the explanation that “since the community knows it has to be public reproof.” Which would make total sense, except I’ve also seen cases where a well-respected J-dub is arrested for a serious violent crime, and in the months/years of pre-trial, no announcement is made to the cong about any judicial action.

The reasons given by an elder in the cong?:

“You don’t know, maybe the elders have dealt with it privately.”

“But his arrest and arraignment were all over the news. Everyone knows, so should any reproof be announced to the cong?”

“Usually yes, but they may be waiting until he’s found guilty or innocent in court.”

“So you’re saying judicial action by the elders will hinge upon whether a ‘worldly’ court finds him innocent or guilty first?”

“Well no, of course not.”

“So you’re saying if a jury finds him innocent of the charges, he won’t get DF’d?”

“Probably.”

“So HOW is it that the cong’s judicial process isn’t being influenced by a ‘worldly’ court?”

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Good for her. My heart aches for that young woman. It must be almost unbearable for her given they are almost newlyweds. So humiliating, and mentally and emotionally devastating. Leslie

• seenitall
    seenitall

Amanda is free to scripturally divorce him - he sodomized the victim and had her preform oral sex on him (found out from a reliable source that she bit him)! Then, he shot her 4 times - 1 was in the heart! They attended the same congregation - West Troutdale.

• EmptyInside
    EmptyInside

I do feel bad for his wife. I hope the elders don't give her any problems for filing for divorce. She certainly has been through enough.

I just wonder what one might find if they dig deep into this guy's past. It's just odd for someone with no prior history to commit such a horrible crime,without there being some signs that he was going in that direction.

I also wonder what kind of marriage him and his wife had together. It's just sad all the way around.

On another note,there is a local Witness here who has family in the same congregation as Whitney's family. This sister's family denied he was a Witness,and this was from an elder. And then,they called back and said he was inactive.

• tiki
    tiki

i hope that amanda survives this and recovers......and gets life in perspective and moves on with strength and resolve.

• Satanus
    Satanus

Holt's wife is a puzzle. Nothing is there about what kind of person she is, or anything.

S

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Are you all a bunch of assholes or what? Leave his wife out of this. She has nothing to do with the crime he has committed. It seems that many ex/apostate JW's don't really have a life and they/you have to grab at any rotting flesh you can.....just like vultures...and make a story out of nothing. Come on people.....get your own life together and move on. If you moved on and got a real life, you wouldn't be so quick to be a part of some one elses life. Some of you are worse than the people you left behind and show hatred for.

HappyDad

• Satanus
    Satanus

Well, sqweeeeeeze me, happydad. I like to understand the dynamics of a situation. It's rarely just this or that person. Would you like to just shut down this thread?

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit