Threats for leaving

by l p 21 Replies latest jw friends

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

This was before my wife left so I was pulling my punches as I didn't want to upset the apple cart. As it happens it didn't matter as she left me anyway for no 'scriptural'(TM) reason. She than claimed she didn't leave because of the religion (I laugh up my sleeve). It was a no brained considering that when I left the cult she said: I only married you because you were a JW!

I refused any contact with these jerks and didn't attend any JC or anything. I knew that to be free of them I had to be mentally free and not follow their rules.

.............then.................

They came to my house to tell me I was DA'd

Lead over-sneer: 'I'm very disappointed you didn't respond to my letters!'

Me: 'I'm very disappointed you sent them in the first place as you know darned well I requested privacy!'

I looked at him and said: 'Yeah. I know you have to follow your business model and obey the rules of your corporation. Personally I don't care. I do not recognize your authority or the authority your business the watchtower thinks it has over me!'

His eyes went wide and there was a pause.

Lead: 'Punk! You know it's not a business.....'

Me: 'You are uninvited on my property. I can have whatever opinion I like on my own property and I don't have to listen to yours. The fact that you're on my private property uninvited does not give you the right to foist your opinion onto me!'

More drop jawed looks.

There has been a lot of gossip going around about me too. It's a brilliant badge of honour.

The gossip/untruths about me were phenominal - much to my amusement.

1. I've left my wife.

2. I'm a false prophet.

3. I'm a minister/pastor in another religion.

4. I work at a children's clothing store.

Number 4, as I mentioned elsewhere is the funniest. I have never worked at this store. Apparently there's a bloke with the same name as me there. A JDub who has only heard of me by reputation (HEHEHE), is currently shunning this bloke. He's not even a JW. I bet he wonders what he's done.

In a good way it's a brilliant 'un-witness' that I hope will bring lot's of 'reproach' upon the brand name god and the corporation behind the brand..............................BRILLIANT!!

• finally awake
    finally awake

Punk said " Number 4, as I mentioned elsewhere is the funniest. I have never worked at this store. Apparently there's a bloke with the same name as me there. A JDub who has only heard of me by reputation (HEHEHE), is currently shunning this bloke. He's not even a JW. I bet he wonders what he's done."

That's hysterical! Poor guy just trying to make a living flogging children's clothes, has no idea why people are acting all weird. I wonder if the clothing store dude will write a story about how weird his customers are and send it to "Not Always Right" LOL

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

At least the 'Paul' that isn't me is safe from the bOrg.........for now.

Sorry, didn't want to hijack the thread but just illustrate how happifying the JWs are NOT!

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Punk, thanks for posting the letters.

I had to laugh when I noticed that the writer used the word "fine" three times in the concluding paragraph. Someone needs to expand their vocabulary!

00DAD

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

00DAD - Yes 'fine' is a trademarked word in the bOrg.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    'you know what the consequences are for leaving the organisation'

Yes, and I am enjoying them today. Why must 'consequences' always refer to something negative?

W

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

I must admit, I thought the author of the letters was polite and kind. I have to remember that he (they) are just doing what they are all programmed to do at those 2-3 day "schools" (best education available today, don't ya know!). There is hope for them. I was once that elder who did most of the letter writing too.

Doc

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

yea I would take those emails to your local police and let them know that u are being threatened over your personal choice of religion.

It really does shock an elder when he realizes he no more control over u than the weather.

Enjoy the rumours. It only proves that their pathetic life is so joyless that they have to talk about people that aren't even a member of their organization anymore

• cobaltcupcake
    cobaltcupcake

Secondly, no one deserves to die (even though they teach that no one deserves life)

Honestly, even though I know I heard it at the meetings all the time, I never really thought about this until now. What a twisted teaching that is!

It's terrible that they actually threatened you. I'm sure they thought they were acting out of Christian love. vomit

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    If you do not wish to meet with us, we would appreciate it if you would be good enough to put in writing your position with regard to your membership of the congregation.

Punk, it's too bad you didn't respond "in writing" with a restraining order.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit