Anyone with blood pressure problems?

by jam 43 Replies latest jw friends

• caliber
    caliber

The study also showed that taking at least one blood pressure medication at night was the most effective at keeping blood pressure normal during sleep. Taking the medication in the evening was also the best way to control blood pressure during the day.

Read more: http://digitaljournal.com/article/298547#ixzz2SAttXJsz

Magnesium is important in more than 300 chemical reactions that keep the body working properly. People get magnesium from their diet, but sometimes magnesium supplements are needed if magnesium levels are too low. Dietary intake of magnesium may be low, particularly among women.

Some people use magnesium for diseases of the heart and blood vessels including chest pain, irregular heartbeat, high blood pressure, high levels of “bad” cholesterol called low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol, low levels of “good” cholesterol called high-density lipoprotein (HDL) cholesterol, heart valve disease (mitral valve prolapse), and heart attack.

An easy way to remember foods that are good magnesium sources is to think fiber. Foods that are high in fiber are generally high in magnesium. Dietary sources of magnesium include legumes, whole grains, vegetables (especially broccoli, squash, and green leafy vegetables), seeds, and nuts (especially almonds). Other sources include dairy products, meats, chocolate, and coffee. Water with a high mineral content, or “hard” water, is also a source of magnesium.

According to the National Institutes of Health, approximately 43 percent of Americans (including almost 70 percent of older women) take dietary supplements containing calcium. But failing to balance calcium with magnesium may actually do more harm than good.

Most people, including many medical doctors, do not understand certain key facts about calcium and its sister mineral, magnesium

http://www.wellnesstimes.com/articles/understanding-calcium-magnesium-ratio

use potassuim based salts rather than soduim

• poppers
    poppers

Another thing to try is meditation. There are all kinds of meditations out there on the internet, free for the asking, but a very simple and effective one is watching the breath. Or try Dr. Herbert Benson's "relaxation response", which includes breath awareness:

http://www.relaxationresponse.org/steps/

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

I have had borderline high BP (140) and really high cholesterol. My bp is now 120 and my cholesterol is in a healthy range. I am not actually sure what did it, but my guess would be that I found out I am gluten sensitive and gave up all wheat.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I have low blood pressure in the cold. Our sea here in the UK is quite cold, and I ended up in hospital after going for a swim. The trouble with low blood pressure is it can kill you suddeny, and it does feel like the life is ebbing away from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit