In defence of the NWT

by jerome 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jerome
    jerome

While surfing the net I discovered a website dedecated to defending the New World Translation

I posted the url in a pervious thread a few weeks ago but it dident get much attention.

Well I am posting it here again so that everyone can see it.

In Defence of the New World Translation.
    http://users.eggconnect.net/noddy3/pageindex.htm

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

It offers a pole where people can vote on the quality of the NTW's translation.

Take the pole.

That should be interesting.

Also it should be noted that it is owned by Jehovah Witnesses themselves.

jerome

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• jerome
    jerome

This website has a pole where over 50% of the voters thought that the NWT was an execlent translation.

Over 50%!

This website has most likely been saturated with jw sympathizers who are ignorant of the intelectual dishonesty perpretrated by the NWT translation comitee and veiw the NWT as a more than reasonable work.

Shurley that should not be the case.

Scroll down to the end of the page and take the poll.

Come out and show your disaproval of the NWT.

EACH VOTE COUNTS.

FIGHT BACK AGAINST THE DISHONESTY OF THE WATCHTOWER.

• NeonMadman
    NeonMadman

I see the number has dropped to under 50% now. Looks like some here have been visiting...

And why not? Virtually everyone except JW's acknowledges the NWT as a travesty of the Bible, and that includes both religious and non-religious original language scholars. But the Watchtower keeps telling the JW's that the NWT is the best translation going, so of course that's what they all believe.

Tom

"At midnight all the agents and the superhuman crew come out and round up everyone that knows more than they do..." ---Bob Dylan
  • jerome
    jerome

The poll now stands at 44.44%.

Its interesting to note tha the number of voters only went up by 2.

It only takes a few seconds.

• 4christ
    4christ

42.11% now.........

• jerome
    jerome

Keep up the good work.

By the way...

Did anyone read through the explaination of John 1:1

were there any scholars misquoted?

There are bound to be either firnge scholars and misquotes.

Thanks for the cooperation.

• Valis
    Valis

How amusing..the perfect bible needs its own group of apollogists...

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Wow Jerome! This is really wild! I can't stop reading it. I'm going back as soon as I send this post. Thanks for sharing.

• butalbee
    butalbee

Yuck.

• jerome
    jerome

It was because of that site that I had doubts about what people said about the NWT.

Even though I knew that Franz had very little scholling in Biblical languages After I read their explainations they sounded fairly reasonable to me.

In the guess book it states that

[b]"IT IS SITES LIKE THIS THAT THE APOSTATES DONT WANT US TO SEE."

That kind of paranoia is really alarming. I have never meet an apostate that wanted to stop anyone from reading any thing from the WT.

The apostates I have meet only wanted to warn me of the dishonesty regarding alot of their explainations for contravertial matters.

I am shure that if I were to look through that website I would find many fringe scholars sited to defend their translations and even worse scholars who have been misquoted.

Since the site is owned by people who are Jehovahs Witnesses it is shure contain lots of info from the watchtower itself.

Come out and fight back.
    EVERY VOTE COUNTS.

p.s. I hope that after readind it that you dont consider regoining the org. Just because it makes sense dosent mean that it is true. That website is shure to be tricky and I may even consider recearching the quotes from Greek and Hebrew scholars myself.

Any such misquotes would be welcome here on this thread.

http://users.eggconnect.net/noddy3/pageindex.htm

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Edited to tell Dutchie thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit