Communications during Armageddon

by bruh 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bruh
    bruh

This past WT study on the things that marks the end of the world---made me think in terms of Armageddon and what the Faithful Slave would do if they couldn’t communicate with thousands of congregations since the wicked/satans world runs the the modes/network of communications. I may not have all the facts as to the infastructure of the worlds communications but one things for sure---With the wicked destroyed at Armageddon how does the “society oh organization” plan to communicate with the rank and file??? Wicked gone means that possibly the internet will not be working, post office will be down, mobile carriers/towers will be out of commission maybe, TV stations will be out of commission. Let’s say that possibly some electricity/power outage will be down who will be there to fix that- God forbid it’s the state of NY. With the wicked being destroyed at Armageddon the modes of communication would be in peril what is a faithful slave to do??? JW’s would panic not knowing what the next steps to be. But at least the “wait on Jehovah” will kick in. Any thoughts on the possible reality of this???

• james_woods
    james_woods

When you have no food, power, light, running water, sewage, or anything else - probably the last thing you need is to talk to Bethel.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Two words: carrier pigeons

• tresdecu
    tresdecu

Great logical question...except...a true believer, will simply say Jah's Holy Spirit will take care of it. End of story (or thought) for 98% of JWs.

7 years ago I would have been part of the 98%...this question wouldn't have fazed me a bit.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

bruh: Any thoughts on the possible reality of this???

We'll find out when Armageddon comes, which will be ..... [wait for it] .... SOON!

• blondie
    blondie

The WTS says that jws will go to their congregations (not the KH building necessarily) for protection, with the elders in charge. Does the WTS have a survival plan and have trained the elders in that?

*** w09 5/15 p. 8 Where Should You Be When the End Comes? ***
    Enter Into Your Interior Rooms”

“Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you,” states Isaiah 26:20. “Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over.” This prophecy may have had its first fulfillment in 539 B.C.E. when the Medes and the Persians conquered Babylon. Upon entering Babylon, Cyrus the Persian apparently commanded everyone to stay indoors because his soldiers were ordered to execute any found out-of-doors.

In our day, the “interior rooms” of this prophecy could be closely associated with the more than 100,000 congregations of Jehovah’s Witnesses around the world. Such congregations play an important role in our lives. They will continue to do so through “the great tribulation.” (Rev. 7:14) God’s people are commanded to go into their “interior rooms” and hide themselves “until the denunciation passes over.” It is vital that we develop and maintain a wholesome attitude toward the congregation and be firmly resolved to stay in close association with it. We can take to heart Paul’s exhortation: “Let us consider one another to incite to love and fine works, not forsaking the gathering of ourselves together, as some have the custom, but encouraging one another, and all the more so as [we] behold the day drawing near.”—Heb. 10:24, 25.

Could be is hardly definitive. Grammatically speaking, 'could' is used to talk about theoretical possibility and is similar in meaning to 'might'. A theoretical possibility is not a factual certainty.

*** w01 3/1 p. 21 pars. 16-17 Salvation for Those Who Choose the Light ***Regarding that dangerous time, Jehovah warns us: “Go, my people, enter into your interior rooms, and shut your doors behind you. Hide yourself for but a moment until the denunciation passes over. For, look! Jehovah is coming forth from his place to call to account the error of the inhabitant of the land against him, and the land will certainly expose her bloodshed and will no longer cover over her killed ones.” (Isaiah 26:20, 21; Zephaniah 1:14) This warning showed the Jews how to survive the fall of Babylon in 539 B.C.E. Those who heeded it would have stayed in their houses, safe from the conquering soldiers out in the streets. Today, the “interior rooms” of the prophecy likely have to do with the tens of thousands of congregations of Jehovah’s people around the world. Such congregations are a protection even now, a place where Christians find safety among their brothers, under the loving care of the elders. (Isaiah 32:1, 2; Hebrews 10:24, 25) This is especially true in view of the nearness of the end of this system of things when survival will depend on obedience.—Zephaniah 2:3.

What does the WTS say is the ark today?

"During the final period of the ancient world that perished in the Flood, Noah was a faithful “preacher of righteousness.” (2 Peter 2:5) In these last days of the present system of things, Jehovah’s people are making known God’s righteous standards and are declaring good news about the possibility of surviving into the new world. (2 Peter 3:9-13) Just as Noah and his God-fearing family were preserved in the ark, survival of individuals today depends on their faith and their loyal association with the earthly part of Jehovah’s universal organization."Watchtower 2006 May 15 p.22 "Are You Prepared for Survival?" Paragraph 8

• ronwashington
    ronwashington

Pretty much what Blondie said. I've heard brothers speculate (CO's giving talks) that when shit hits the fan, we'll need to be at the KH or whatever to avoid being destroyed since God's going to nuke everything else.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Note to self: Quit trying to make sense out of nonsense!

• undercover
    undercover

The WTS says that jws will go to their congregations (not the KH building necessarily) for protection, with the elders in charge.

I've heard brothers speculate (CO's giving talks) that when shit hits the fan, we'll need to be at the KH or whatever to avoid being destroyed since God's going to nuke everything else.

Yea, right. Like that's gonna work. They "lost" dozens, no hundreds, of dubs when Katrina hit New Orleans. They scattered to the winds and they had no idea where many of them ended up. And while that was a catastrophic storm of epic proportions as fas as US hurricanes go, it ain't nothing compared to what JWs are led to believe is going to happen at Armageddon. If the WTS can't keep up with one city full of dubs during a natural hurricane, WTF are they gonna do when supernatural destruction comes from above?

• 00DAD
    00DAD

undercover: If the WTS can't keep up with one city full of dubs during a natural hurricane, WTF are they gonna do when supernatural destruction comes from above?

But Armageddon is different. That's Jehovah's big day!

It'll be selective mass murder and destruction. I thought you knew!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit