I'll never settle for vanilla again

by jeremiah18:5-10 11 Replies latest jw friends

• jeremiah18:5-10
    jeremiah18:5-10

As he stood in the ice cream parlor, Johnny waas perplexed, dismayed, and somewhat irritated. All his life he had only had vanilla ice cream. His parents had never bought anything else, in fact they usually made it themself. Johnny loved ice cream and had never even considered that there were other colors and flavors. He had no desire to find out. His ice cream had been great with everything- pie, cobbler, cake, even by itself.

But now, as he stood in the parlor, he couldn't believe his eyes, so many colors and flavors. At first he thought, "this can't be" and was inclined to run out and act like he had never gone in or seen this. But as he stood there he had a growing curiousity and desire to taste them. He fully expected that each flavor would pale in comparison to his beloved vanilla.

Johnny finally decided to try chocolate, then strawberry, each flavor was indescribably good, all in all he went on to try 10 flavors. Then he got to a very familiar looking ice cream- vanilla. So he sampled it and again thought nothing will ever compare to this. But much to his surprise the vanilla tasted very ordinary. It was so plain and simple. It was no longer appealing to him. At that moment, Johnny decided, "I'll never settle for vanilla ever again".

So is the sheltered life-experience of a born-in JW. Never getting exposed to other "truths" or even allowed to know they even exist. Born-ins are totally satisfied, until they learn of the existence of something else, then my oh my what a wide new world exists and how difficult it is to ever go back.

I know I'll never settle for vanilla ever again.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

neither will I, that's why I married a woman of color

• rather be in hades
    rather be in hades

what about vanilla bean with kahlua?

LOL so many different directions this could go. if one really wanted to take it there.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

Billy seriously?

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
  • wha happened?
  • wha happened?
    wha happened?

This thread is about to take a bad turn

I'm down with that, bring it on, its entertaining