Can You Please Help folks to know the Real Deal?

by JT 13 Replies latest jw friends

• JT
    JT

I usually don't like letter writing programs, but i may i ask all of you- could you take the time to drop an email to anyone who publishes an article in the paper like we have seen in ref to the Bryant family.

These reporters appreciate FEEDBACK and if you ever wanted to offer help or do something - this just might be your opportunity,

so I as as many of you as possible drop these folks a line

thanks

james

PS

I sent this one myself

[email protected]

Wendy

Thanks for the excellent article

As a 39 yr old black man who has served as an Elder and worked at the World Headquaters in Brooklyn, NY for many years the article that you wrote is needed.

My wife and I have been Witnesses since we were about 5 yrs old, so this is all we know and yet in 1996 after so many major Doctrine changes we could no longer take it.

We walked away and we too were hounded by former members to return. For us we committed the Forbidden Sin. We Questioned the teachings of the Watchtower which is strictly forbidden.We were able to do something that all Witnesses are forbidden to do and that is Examine literature written about the Watchtower by former members- and we begin to get a confirmation about our religion that we had always suspected.

If you have doubts as a Witness, you are afraid that your wife or kids will turn you into the Elders. Being an Elder myself I knew how the "System" worked. So we were able to avoid alot of the emotional tramma that many who try to leave experince many times

Well I would like to THANK YOU AND YOUR PAPER FOR SHINING LIGHT ON THIS GROUP.

thanks

James
    202-336-8xxx

• Will Power
    Will Power

Great letter.
    You should have added the line

"For every letter of feedback you receive, rest assured there are a 100 more who fear being caught voicing a similar opinion."

• Dutchie
    Dutchie

Great idea, JT. Perhaps if they get lots of feedback they will be inclined to look at this matter on a deeper level. Wouldn't it be great to have one of those invetigative indepth stories about the WTBS and its shunning practices?

• JT
    JT

the suggestion was made:

For every letter of feedback you receive, rest assured there are a 100 more who fear being caught voicing a similar opinion
    $$$$$$$$$$$$

Deeeeeeeeeeep!!!!!!

This is why i just love this NET "THANG"

great suggestion, please include it in your letter if you decide to send one

thanks

excellent point - for they need to know that the avg jw literally lives in fear

even the bad mouth jw who come here and try to defend wt, they know in their hearts that they to would be forced with chosing being DFEED if they were caught here and REFUSED TO ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY HAD SINNED

and what was their sin, they went to a site on the Net that thier religion forbidds, was it a Pussy site, a gambling site, NOPE

IT WAS A FORUM Where folks discuss if this or that dogma can be Scriptually supported

I will tell you -from my exp esp here at work in talking to nonjw

when you break it down to that simple point that adult jw are not allowed and told where they can surf on the net,

nonjw are in disbelief that adults are treated like little children -

I keep reading in the paper how jw would say:
    "HE CAN come back if he repents"

well what did you did wrong - steal, lie, cheat, bang someones wife NOPE

HE AND THE NERVE to question a group of guys who wrote something that THEY THEMSELVES DON'T EVEN CLAIM IS INSPIRED

and for that he was kicked to the curb with all the emotional loss that comes with it

I could care less about any jw who comes here and feeds on all this documentation and choses to stay for he or she is a fool, but there is not law against being a fool

most folk become jw without the COMPLETE PICTURE so this site along with others simply allows those who maybe considering the jw as a religion to get BOTH SIDES OF THE STORY

JAMES

• JT
    JT

right on Point:

Perhaps if they get lots of feedback they will be inclined to look at this matter on a deeper level. Wouldn't it be great to have one of those invetigative indepth stories about the WTBS and its shunning practices?

&&&&&&&

the media is driven by the dollar and the interest level

OJ Trail, clinton, etc

if they feel that they have a story and an audience, then THE PRESSES WILL RUN

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

This is my letter:

Dear Ms. Lawton:

Thank you for printing the article regarding the results of the shunning of the Jehovah's Witnesses.

I left their religion due to the unorthodox methods of their practices. Because I didn't want to be recognized as a Jehovah's Witness, I wrote a letter to the local church stating such. They then publicly announced this in the church. I lost my job, (I was employed by a Jehovah's Witness cleaning service), lost my family, (my sister kick me out of the house) and lost my life long friends. Although I knew this was going to happen, it was still a devastating experience.

I would like to thank you again for exposing this to people who are unfamiliar with this religious sect.

Sincerely,

Mxxxx Dxxxxxx

It was a well written article that needed a response from me.

ofcmad

• JeffT
    JeffT

I also wrote her a note thanking her for bringing this practice to light. I just got a response from her. I think she's getting a lot of mail on the subject.

If nothing else she now knows that many people are reading her article.

• jerome
    jerome

JT
    Havent heard from you in a while.
    Check your mail.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• JT
    JT

WILL DO

• ofcmad
    ofcmad

Yep.. I recieved a response also.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit