Changing my life step #1

by DATA-DOG 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Ok, just a brief update. We joined a gym today. So thats's good... I am just going to slowy work my way back into a routine. I have a bad habit of equating what I used to do with what I can do. The idea is not to injure myself flipping a tractor tire, just to get limbered up and regain some conditioning. I am thinking of further educating myself in the health field. I wanted to years ago, but of course the big " A " was just around the corner so I didn,t. It's a thought. I will have to do some research on what's in demand. So I can think about that while I am working out! I will be good for my kid too, and we can hang out together!

• Ding
    Ding

A few suggestions:

1. Don't try to do too much at the start or you'll get discouraged and quit.

2. Don't try to progress too fast or you'll hurt yourself and quit.

3. Don't compare yourself to what other people are doing; an exercise program is not a competition.

4. The important thing is to keep going, even if you have to cut back at times due to minor injury or time constraints.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

DataDog Excellent! It will benefit your health and you get valuable bonding time with your daughter. Sounds like a win-win situation. The gym that I used to belong to had instructors that were one time members. It could be the road to a very satisfying career and lifestyle change. Very happy for you. -Leslie-

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Thanks, that is good advice! Slow and steady is my goal! I am not 20 anymore, although I hate to admit it. If I could somehow meet my 20 year old self, I would totally kick his A**. I would just have to get in done in under 3 minutes or I would be too tired. Plus it would take a month to heal. I am getting to be more and more like Master Yoda. I can get it done, but I'm going to limp away afterwards.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Hi, DD!

"..in the health field"

Sounds very wise! Many of the health proffesions are very rewarding. In Norway you need high school to enter all types of health education! Over here, you also can take it part time. As you said, it would be good to do some research before you make up your mind!

Love Healthworker

• tornapart
    tornapart

Sounds really great DD... Sent you a pm btw...

• cofty
    cofty

That's a great start DataDog. Exercise also helps mood and energy levels.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

yup, agree with coft on that one

• tec
    tec

Great first step :)

Peace,

tammy

• whathappened
    whathappened

That' s a good idea. Get yourself evaluated for what you would be good at. There are places that offer these tests for free. Good luck.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit