Whitney Heichel - AOL highlight topic opening page

by LV101 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LV101
    LV101

Info posted on AOL's opening page's highlight section you click through on the left hand side w/photos.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Link please.

• LV101
    LV101

Just click on your AOL button if it's not your opening page then go thru the photos on the highlights for AOL news on that page. It's entitled, "Woman's Killer Left a Trail of Evidence". Reporting source is AP and at the bottom of the article are photos of Whitney and some w/husband (I assume) from Huffpost.

Sorry, but I don't have a link other than this. Hope this helps.

• sir82
    sir82

"Click my AOL button"?

Is that the one next to the floppy disk drive?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

LV101 wrote: Just click on your AOL button if it's not your opening page then go thru the photos on the highlights for AOL news on that page. It's entitled, "Woman's Killer Left a Trail of Evidence".

What's an AOL button?? I mean, I understand that you have a hotlink on your own personal computer, but surely you realize that most of us do not use AOL.

I have not been on AOL for about 15 years but did go to aol.com. Do not see a link for this report.

• LV101
    LV101

Sorry about that --- click on an AOL icon? Apparently, if it's not your opening page it works differently. Darn, it's a good article and great photos of Whitney. I'll try it on my i-pad and see how to get this info -- hopefully.

• Sol Reform
    Sol Reform

TOP STORIES

• LV101
    LV101

OK --- type AOL in your browser and AOL's screen comes up, right? Right there at the top left hand corner are pictures/photos of their latest news and at the bottom of each picture are arrows on each side --- just click away until Whitney's pictures w/the caption appears and click on and the page opens up. It's entitled, "Woman's Killer Left a Trail of Evidence." Don't forget to check out the great photos of her at the bottom of the article.

Hope this helps --- so sorry.

• LV101
    LV101

Thank you, Sol Reform/I appreciate. Did you try just typing AOL into your browser. That's a very easy way to get onto this page for those who don't have AOL (obviously no one has this antiquated page but I love having this just for these great topics). This way worked on my i-pad, anyway.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

LOL it is now story 40 out of 40 so just caught it in time.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/27/whitney-heichel-evidence-jonathan-holt_n_2029604.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl40|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D226531

OREGON CITY, Ore. -- An Oregon man charged in the Oct. 16 death of a 21-year-old barista unwittingly left a trail of evidence as police followed him in the hours before his arrest, court documents show.

On Oct. 19, Jonathan Holt discarded one handgun in bushes at his north Portland workplace, according to documents released Friday.

Investigators say he dropped another handgun in the grass outside the suburban Gresham Police Department, just before he entered for an interview at which police say he confessed to sexually abusing and killing Whitney Heichel of Gresham. Holt was arrested during that interview.

During a brief court appearance Friday, Holt, 25, was indicted on charges of kidnap, robbery and sodomy. He was earlier charged with aggravated murder.

Lawyer Conor Thomas Huseby, appointed to represent Holt, declined to answer questions.

Hundreds of people from around the Portland area gathered Friday at a Jehovah's Witness Kingdom Hall in Gresham for a public memorial for Heichel.

Her husband, Clint Heichel, spoke to reporters outside the hall, saying the family wanted to "give the community a hug" and thank people for their kindness.

"She was just a ray of sunshine," he said.

In the hours after the young woman failed to show up for work at a Starbucks cafe on Oct. 16, relatives and friends launched a wide-ranging search. However, Holt, who was a neighbor, an acquaintance and attended the same church, was nowhere to be found, The Oregonian reported.

When friends finally spotted Holt nearly 12 hours later, court documents say he told them he had been on his way to work that day when he was robbed at gunpoint by two black men.

Holt didn't report that robbery to police that day but when questioned by officers for the first time on Oct. 17, he said he'd been shaken by the experience and spent the entire day walking and crying. Police say Holt repeatedly changed his story about the supposed robbery.

Whitney Heichel's Ford Explorer, with the passenger side window smashed, was found at a Walmart six hours after she disappeared, triggering an investigation that ended with the discovery of her body on Larch Mountain, east of Gresham, on the night of Oct. 19.

Court documents released earlier say that Holt told Oregon State Police Sgt. Jon Harrington that he waited outside Heichel's apartment and asked for a ride as she was leaving for work.

Minutes into the drive, he pulled a handgun and told her to drive to Roslyn Lake, the document said.

Holt then forced Heichel to perform oral sex before fatally shooting her, the affidavit stated, adding that Holt disposed of his cellphone at the lake before driving to the mountain to conceal the body.

Heichel was shot four times.

___

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit