[?]TWO WITNESSES to secret sin[?]

by belbab 14 Replies latest jw friends

• alamb
    alamb

My father admitted in court to molesting me in court years after denying it to the elders. The elder body had changed but I called the PO with the court tape in my hand and he said it had been handled and mumbled about not being on that committee.

So timing is everything in some cases. The elders had told me the first time they would handle the legal end. I found out they didn't. SURPRISE! By the time it rolled around again, I cannot touch him, even with the admission in court, because the statute of limitations has run out.

4 years and you're free! Oh, if he'd been my step-dad, I would have had the rest of my life to prosecute. Justice.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Ahh yes, "My yoke is kindly and my load is light."

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• yumbby
    yumbby

I have to say, what an excellent post. I've been shown with clarity and directness that the WT doesn't even know what they are talking about. I need more info like this. Thank you so much for the time put into it and the research done.

• silentlambs
    silentlambs

I think this is a very good post that helps to give more detail to the two witness issue. I believe I can help you clarify two areas that were questioned.

1. Witnesses to seperate events will only refer to events close together. If a person accuses a mate of adultry and then two years later another person makes the same accusation, in the face of denial no judicial committee would be established. On the other hand if it happened within two weeks then it could lay the basis to do so. This is backed up by the way WT has handled cases. I have extensive documentation of a case out west where a brother molested 17 JW children that was documented by the CO DO and the Society. The man eventually went to jail when one of the famlies finally pressed charges. He went to jail as a jw in good standing having never faced a judicial committee. This is one of many cases.

2. "Sufficient evidence" is an interesting play at words. I can tell you what the Society does not consider "sufficient." A sister recently contacted me from the west coast when her four year old daughter was raped by an elder, she took her to the doctor and had a report of physical evidence that her daughter was no longer a virgin. The elders called the society and they said it was not "sufficient." Three days ago I was contacted by a sister on the east coast, when her son was sodomized on multiple occasions by his father she to went to the clinic and had reports from two seperate doctors her son had been raped. Once again the Society concluded it was not "sufficient" to proceed judicially with the father's denial.

Perhaps someday someone can give Brother Brown a lesson in what the word "sufficient" means. Let the reader use discretion.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Doesn't anyone wonder why in Numbers 5(as was quoted in the opening)a Husband(owner) could bring charges of adultery carrying a death sentense against his wife with no more than a suspition of guilt?No witnesses no evidence.And instead of dismissing the charge the priests forced the woman to drink a poison that will kill her (ostensibly only if she is guilty of course).There is no reason to believe that this actually ever happened,but the chauvinist primitive nature of the OT is obvious.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit