by nuthouse escapee 11 Replies latest jw friends

• perfect1
    perfect1

{shudder}

sorry to hear the Leslie.

ps Ive been enjoying your posts.

• nuthouse escapee
    nuthouse escapee

Rip, & Kojack: Thank you for finding the scripture, that is the one I was speaking about. As someone pointed out it doesn't say not to grieve. Typical guilt trip from misapplication of scripture. I wonder just how long of a grieving period is acceptable in their view. Heartless bunch!

DataDog: As some of the posters say, " Can you feel the love?". That was such an insensitive thing to say to your friend. So much for the love amongst the brotherhood.

Wha Happened: yes, self-righteous crap

Theocratic Sedition: It is very sad to have the Wt. take away a normal reaction to loss. As you said...they can't remember what natural emotional reactions are. We have also seen this countless times with the treatment of disfellowshipped family members.

Satanus: I thought it was only my observation but obviously others have seen it as well. We are not alone!

Outlaw: I have been at a few of those funerals where you could have sworn it was a party. I have seen the reaction of worldly relatives cringe at the poor taste and lack of respect being displayed. Although we don't have to look dour there is a time and place for everything and I don't believe it is a time for frivolity. What ever happened to dignified behaviour.

Perfect1: Thank you.

So much for Jehovah's dignified people! I truly believe that by not reacting "normally" to loss is more of an anti-witness to those observing the bizarre type of memorial and behavior. -Leslie-

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit