Why is there no honorable way to leave the Watchtower?

by BlindersOff1 21 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Honorable to whom? I would say that anyone who finally takes control of their life and moves forward is due, double the honor.

• Botzwana
    Botzwana

I commented.

• Ding
    Ding

Given that the GB claims to be the only true spokesman for Jehovah God in an evil world, they equate leaving the WT with reneging on one's dedication to God.

And, of course, that can't be honorable...

• designs
    designs

When I was newly appointed as an Elder we had the CO come through and announce in our private meeting that 'Elders don't resign they are only removed' gulp

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

Pterist,

2 Corinthians 4:5 We do NOT preach ourselves, But Jesus Christ as lord.

The GB will never follow that scripture. They are too far gone.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Leolaia - "The irony that a policy that is supposed to 'keep the congregation clean' forces people who would rather leave to stay as members."

Well said.

Reminds me of that open letter posted here on JWN a few months back from a really angry conscious-classer (I think he was even an active elder, in fact), which felt for all the world like a formal declaration of fifth-column-ish civil f**king war...

Damned if I can find that thread, now, though.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Jehovah doesn't want people walking out on him because he is a parasite. Imagine if all those who dedicate their souls to Jehovah could get them back on demand to re-dedicate to Satan. Jehovah would be up sxxx creek without a paddle, in a barbed wire canoe. And so would the washtowel slaveholdery.

• insearchoftruth4
    insearchoftruth4

When you cut them off, they can't take it

• freydo
  • Satanus
    Satanus

The only honorable exit, as far as they are concerned, is death, and not self inflicted, either. If you do it yourself, they have labeled it cowardice, and no resurrection for you, baby. It's like any other notorious gang.

S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit