Lots of Good News everybody!

by OneDayillBeFree 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• OneDayillBeFree
    OneDayillBeFree

You know one of the reasons why some witnesses decide to stay inside is to help others wake up and leave as well, and although this hasnt been exactly a goal of mine, it was something I'd ponder every now and again.

And we all know that it is not easy to get to JW's when they are fully mind controlled. But I'd like to tell you guys what's been happening with brothers and sisters without the help of others who know TTATT...

So last night I got a phone call from a brother who's a good friend of mine whom I've talked about in the past here. I hadn't seen him for about a month even though he goes to my hall. He had been having doubts with the Watchtower and other things, along with some of the elders in the congregation.

He told me that he is no longer a regular pioneer and that he is on his way to becoming inactive!

I could hear the happiness in his voice as he told me how he changed to full time at his job which requires him to travel a lot and that he was feeling less stress with everyday that he missed a meeting.

I told him that I myself was on my way to becoming inactive as well and that I was very happy for him!

__

Then today, during work, I got a text message from the sister that took me for quite a ride last year, (when after not liking the organization and it's teachings, went to Bethel and decided to get baptized). Well she said if we could talk so I called her and she after catching up a bit she said that she hadn't been to a meeting in about 3 months and that she didn't miss it at all!

She said that when she started believing in the doctrines and beliefs of the WTBTS that the brothers and sisters in the hall would cause so much drama and gossip that would become almost unbearable for her, and that on the other hand, when there was no gossip or problems with the brothers, that the teachings of the org just didnt make sense at all!

So she moved to another congregation and then just stopped attending meetings. Then she asked for her privilages to be removed due to "family reasons" but in reality she said she'd just had enough of all the bullshit.

I was in shock for a while.

Two of my dearest friends who at one point were "rank in file" members are now on their way out... Oh yeah and so am I lol.

I thought this would be nice to share with you guys since I know some of you are trying to wake your loved one's up. I guess this is a little sign of hope. Now I only hope that my parents could wake up to the BS at some point as well. I've realized it doesnt hurt to much to be a little optimistic.

Oh and as a side note, I'd like to point out that both of these people have never been to apostate websites, or even read any anti-watchtower info. They are just noticing that there's something really wrong with the org. and they dont want to be a part of it. (Although, I bet that if they did see TTATT then they'd really be like WTF?? I knew it! haha)

OneDayillBeFree

• alanv
    alanv

Thanks for that oneday. Yer you are right, it does give us hope. Those of us who have family in have to tread so carefully so as we do not allienate then completely. There is so much going wrong with the org at the moment, I'm sure most of us cannot understand why witnesses stay in. Let's hope many more walk away and start a new life of freedom as we have done.

• Diest
    Diest

Congrats, that is awesome. One of my close relitives admited to me today, that they lost a lot of faith after the overlappin' generations. So I am happy with you.

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

OneDay, thanks for that it does cheer me up. I'm glad you and your friends are getting free, good stuff!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

It's all good news ESPECIALLY when ones leave because they see it's all a crock. Some leave but are still mentally in, which is a big shame!

It makes me think that ones are noticing that the GB are getting too vitriolic and controlling.....and it's getting too much!

• irondork
    irondork

The walls are crumbling... faster and faster.

• supernerdboy
    supernerdboy

punkofnice I love your aviar. I wanted to say that earlyer but I did not get around to it. It has a sense of irany to it. Anyway good news OP! Everyone, the last year book showed an increase. So how many years will it take to show negitive %? Also how long will it be before it fails as a business and there is no more bethel or KMs and only a few cookes meet at homes, becouse they can not live and let die?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

supernerdboy - Thanks about the avvy. As far as the yearbook showing an increase, can we really believe their figures? They can't calculate 607 to 1914 so how do we know they're not 'embroidered' figures. I'd be interested to know if the increase is still evidence the bOrg is dying of the entropy effect!?!

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

I find that when u get away from meetings, you're able to see the bs much easier. It begins too look out of faze with the real world. KInda reminds me of a joke I heard. What does a Deadhead say when he gets out of rehab? This band sucks!

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

wha happened? - I agree with what you say. In fact I've put it down to the wearing off of the 'hypnotic' propaganda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit