A terrible Illustrstion

by BU2B 7 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

For a little background, my father served at brooklyn Bethel a couple of years after the apostate purge and witchhunt.

He talks about how people said how you could see "Jehovahs Spirit" working to oust the Korah Dathan and Abiram, Hymanaus and Alexander influences such a evil Ray Franz and others. THey make it seem like he was leaving to start his own religion or something.

Anyways he was talking to a couple who were friends with another couple who went apostate. The apostate couple, before they left bethel, disgusted with the blind loyalty their friends put in the organization asked.. "If the organization told you to jump off a bridge you would do it wouldnt you?" Their response was, "thats just it They are loving and would never ask us to do something like that"

That is such a mind controlled statement seeing as thousands have died needlessly at the hands of the temporary ban on organ transplants, Malawi hypocricy and current Blood Ban, all of which are FLAWED AND WRONG doctrines! So they may as well tell you to jump off a bridge because the damage they do is the same.

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

That whole "you can just see Jehovah's spirit at bethel" line is just propaganda. I was at Bethel, and it was one of the most miserable experiences of my life. Imagine life in the Kingdom Hall....24 hours a day. The judgementalism, hypocrisy, rule making, men who love power, etc is increased by 100. I DID meet some fantastic people there (usually people from other countries). But those periods were short reprieves from the grim reality of Bethel.

It was common to hear GB members say "Paradise is going to be just like Bethel life." If that's what it would be like...shoot me now and send me to hell.

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

Growing up in a "Bethel Congregation" the jumping off a bridge analogy is exactly what it was all about:

We're not asking you to do what is right; we're not asking you to follow your conscience; we're not asking you to do something because its good for you. . .

. . . .we are telling you to jump off the fucking bridge and don't you dare question!

[okay, they would never say 'fucking bridge']

• Theocratic Sedition
    Theocratic Sedition

How would your father and others with similar views respond if instead of talking about Korah, Dathan, Abiram, Hymanaus, and Alexander, the conversation centered around ......ummmmm lets say.....ummm.......Jeremiah, Barach, or Ebed-Melech, the three of whom went against the grain of what the leaders in Jerusalem were spearheading.

I like your thought on what if Bethel told you to jump from a bridge would you do it? We don't have to jump from bridges. It's suicide to listen to the WT's views on blood transfusions. It's like jumping from a bridge in slow motion when one listens to the WT's direction on education, or pioneering, marrying only in the lord, etc..

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Sure, you can feel Jehovah's butt-holy spirit at those things. I have felt the butt-holy spirit, and it is about oppression, repression, and stifling your real feelings. It is rubbish. Everything is all starched, fake, and so dreary. So many rules that everything you do is what the hounders order you.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jehovah's Spirit(TM) = Appeal to authority. Sacred science. Possibly more propaganda techniques along the lines of appeal to moral equivilance.

The jumping off a bridge is simply an illustration but seems to have been taken literally..........they missed the point in order to prop up their 'mind cleansed'(TM) delusion of 'love'(TM) and a perfect god directed corporation.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    breakfast of champions - "...okay, they would never say 'fucking bridge'..."

Oh, I dunno.

Something tells me the occasional F-bomb gets dropped lately, these days...

• DeWandelaar
    DeWandelaar

By stating that they had influences of Korah and the others they place themselves in the seat of Christ Jesus.

The elders and others told me about Korah and Moses and I told them simply that these comparisons can never be made simply because Moses was a "symbol" of Christ Jesus and not of a Organisation of Men. So... they misuse a illustration to elevate themselves above men!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit