hey cedars thanks for your apology

by soft+gentle 15 Replies latest jw friends

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

I also apologise for saying you are nuts and anything else I said that upset you.

i realise now that many problems result from differing perceptions - for example some of us tend more towards being realists whilst others tend more towards being idealists (of course this is a little simplistic) but it was my bingo moment this morning. I guess I am enough of an idealist to appreciate your writing and overall I think it is excellent.

What I mean to say about idealism is that we would all like to see the WT go down and to believe that they are very short of money, on the brink of survival and this is such an encouraging image that may indeed be close to the truth. However, a realist will come along and say 'but we have been thinking this for the last 20 years and nothing has happened to them they have stacks of resourdes and money' - this is not very encouraging for present day fighters but if it means that some will decide to get on with their lives instead of continuing to spend precious resources on the WT, good for them.

nevertheless, I am very grateful to those who believed that if they stayed and fought it would make an appreciable difference and I believe that it has though more in individual lives rather than to WT itself. I think part of the reason that the WT continues to succeed and will continue to do so is that many who tend towards idealism, especially the young, will continue to be ensnared by talk of a paradise earth and justice for all.

anyway when I am being a complete realist I have a lot to disagree with in what you have to say but when i am being an idealist I applaud you

edit: I am trying also to reply to your question about how changeable I seem to be to you

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Good points. And that was big of you soft and gentle! A big deal to have a person man up,accept an apology, and apologize himself.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

thank you christ alone.

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Good thing SG! This is great!

Love Healthworker

• smiddy
    smiddy

I hope we have all learned valuable lessons from these threads ,personal attacks, demean all partys,and certainly doesnt do any justice to JWN .Peace out everybody .

smiddy

• cedars
    cedars

Thanks soft+gentle, glad we sorted that out.

Cedars

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

Hey, Cedars up and running early today? No hangover after the party yesterday?

Love Healthworker

• cedars
    cedars

lol, yesterday feels like some kind of weird dream. I can't say it was a nice dream either.

Anyway, life's too short. Back to work. I've learned lessons from what happened yesterday as I'm sure others have.

Cedars

• Healthworker
    Healthworker

"lol, yesterday feels like some kind of weird dream. I can't say it was a nice dream either"

Hu hu, yesterday was great! Simon closed down a thread or two, but we all became friends in the end!

Besides, me and Newchapter got drunk together at the afterparty, man it was great!

Love healthworker

• life is to short
    life is to short

Glad you are back Cedars. We all really need your insight.

LITS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit