Book Cover for book about Leaving the Watchtower

by Shepherd Book 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Just in from the publisher: here's the proposed cover for my book Deliverance at Hand!, slated for release in late 2013.

More info at Freethought House.

Let me know what you think!

Deliverance at Hand

• Rob Crompton
    Rob Crompton

That looks good! Do let us know when it's published.

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Looks fantastic. I will buy one as soon as it's available! :D

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

As an artist and designer, and this is a small detail, I would push the brother a bit on the right, as all seems to weigh in the left. Not essential, and I'm a perfectionist. But if it can be changed, you may want to ask to center the illustration a little more to the right. Hope it helps. ;)

Of course, this may just be a crop issue.

I love the art and colors - everything in fact! ;)

• TJ Curioso
    TJ Curioso

I agree with braincleaned!

But the concept is good.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks, everyone. Braincleaned - I appreciate your suggestion. I see what you mean. I will forward your suggestion onto the designers. It's definitely not too late to change it!

• cedars
    cedars

Looks great, run with it!!!

Cedars

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

Design is such a tricky thing. Few people realize how important it is to "cheat" well, in balancing a good mise-en-page.

Like fonts - all round letters, like "O,C"... are actually taller than the flat letters. Why? because they would 'seem' too small otherwise.

So when it comes to centering objects and texts, it takes more than to center them with a ruler - it takes a professional eye to place everything in harmony - and harmony is much more than symmetry.

Once again, LOVE the cover art - just see if you can have the balance fixes, and also be careful with the title being too close to the sub-title. Hope I'm not a pain… ;)

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

You're welcome Shepherd Book. I can't wait to read it! :D

• braincleaned
    braincleaned

What I especially love about this cover art, is how it is a perfect parody of the WT's mags in the 60's and 70's. If you just glance at it, you'd think it was a WTS publication! Clever! :D)))

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit