hobbies/ collectors

by fakesmile 25 Replies latest jw friends

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

what do you do for fun? i like R/C planes. i have friends who collect everything from hot wheels to comics to coins. what do you do to escape? i figured id ask to lighten the mood from all the recent bad news. anyone welcome, just dont say "reading the bible".

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

I collect statues and figurines of sexy fetish girls, I sculpt same in lifesize, i am building a hotrod and paint nudes and kustom kulture art...

a bit of a struggle to find time for it all sometimes. Working just gets in the way!

and i dont read the bible

oz

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

rock on oz, how do you feel about life size latex dolls? for several grand im into it, much cheaper than a wife. plus she doesn't complain. lol

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

My life size statues are fibreglass...i wouldn't recomend getting funky with them!

Oz

just dont marry till you find one that is low maintance and doesn't complain...then you don't need a rubber one!

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

lol

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I collect furniture and accessories that were made in the 1700's. My newest furniture is from the Sheraton period (Circa 1810-1830's). I especially love things that were made specifically in the 1770's during the Chippendale period, and I have furniture and other things (Candlesticks, pewter dinnerware, that were made around the same time that the Declaration of Independence was written. The oldest European piece of furniture that I own is a nicely carved Basque provincial chair from the 1660's. The oldest colonial American piece that I own is a William and Mary Bannister back chair from circa 1690-1710. My most recent aquisition is a Queen Anne period Chest-on-frame that was made in the middle of the 18th century, circa 1750-60. Early Windsor chairs are another passion of mine.

I also collect antique copper cookware from the late 1700's to the mid 1800's. Most are french, but many are English and American, and I occasionally still cook with many of the pieces.

Growing up, I used to collect authentic Ancient Roman and Greek coins and antiquities. Most I sold when I moved away from home, but I still have some ancient coins, and some smaller antiquities such as early Roman busts, drinking vessels, etc.

I love to collect things!

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I superglue plastic figurines of St Kateri on my dashboard and drive too fast

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I read the Bible for fun. :p

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

LOL @ Leolaia

I used to collect stamps and coins when I was a kid. Now I collect bills.

I also collect frequent flyer points. I love to travel! I am also currently doing some family tree research and hopefully will be able to soon combine both when I travel to the Greek island my great-grandfather came from!

• Decided
    Decided

I flew R/C planes for years. I flew in patern contest and have a bunch of old trophies I won back then. This goes back to the early 70's. I have just left the flying club here since my brother has Parkinson's disease and we flew his battery powered planes together and he can't do it anymore. I have a bunch of stuff I would give you if you are near Eden NC. I don't know if the stuff still works or not. I have an old transmiter that Dave Brown used to sell that you built youself. I have so many memories of my flying days, friends I taught to fly who are dead now.

Ken P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit