Advise Needed : Should I stay should I go ?

by raymond frantz 12 Replies latest jw friends

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Others (like his sister) would rather bury their heads in the lies and fallacies because the truth about the truth is too hard to accept.

Very well said: TTATT is too hard to accept. They would rather have their ears tickled. They would rather believe they lies. To not do so it too damn costly.

Doc

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

I'm sure if it wasn't for these evil men in Brooklyn 99% of all witnesses that wake up would not have an issue changing all the wrong doctrines .These Satanic men who dare call themselves "anointed " have spend almost 40 years, especially since they changed the baptismal vows and after Raymond Franz's exit ,creating a "prison of the mind", if anyone wants to leave they have to kiss goodbye friends ,family and start all over again.

Newsflash: Ray had nothing to do with the DFing policy:it was there LONG BEFORE Ray was a GB member, and he didn't lobby to change that (which is completely unscriptural, anyway: the Jews practiced "cutting off" from the community, and that was carried over into Christianity).

I think you've made Franz out in your own mind as some kind of hero, rather than just as "EVIL" as any other GB member. Oh, and you should drop the "EVIL" bit: it's silly. They're just men who may be well-intentioned, but are immersed in the theocratic power games that exist amongst the GB, just like in any other organizational structure on the Planet Earth.

I don't get your point of trying to stay in and get them to change doctrine? That wouldn't change the fact that the entire kit-and-caboodle IS a LIE, a fraud, a scam: it was a lie in 1874, just as much as it's a lie today.

You probably would not reject the premise that Mormonism is a lie? Join the club: so are the JWs. You cannot reform the JWs into making a religion any more real if it's not. It's not the doctrines that are wrong; it's the entire premise.

Doc said:

Do what's best for you so that you can help your family.

But I'd add, you need to make an exit strategy with a definite cut-off: if you delay or don't follow your plan, you'll likely only end up as a bitter and frustrated middle-aged fader who never works up the nerve to act, and thus squanders their life in luke-warm limbo, neither in or out.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Stay.

Work with your family, not against them.

Very carefully, get them questioning the bOrg. Do this without raising apostate flags.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit