Is Acts 6:9 speaking about freemasons?

by EndofMysteries 19 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Christ Alone
    Christ Alone

Translation is the main problem with the "Bible Code". We don't have originals, and only have translations. So the Bible Code will be different depending on the translation you are reading.

Bible codes are what is called Equidistant Letter Spacing. It can be done and "reveal" things in any book.

For those that don't know about Bible codes, b elievers in the "Bible code" theory treat the Hebrew Bible as a string of letters without spaces, looking for words formed by equidistant letter sequences. For instance, computers might select every ninth Hebrew letter and register a "hit" when a "coded word" intersects with a Bible verse containing related words.

Major Bible scholars ignore the code because, they note, no one has a letter-by-letter version of the Bible as originally written. The oldest surviving manuscripts include slight variations, any of which would throw off computer test results.

All this being said, no it is not the Freemasons in Acts. This is a form of hyperliteralism and reading meaning into the text that was never meant to be read. The WT does this all the time, especially in Revelation.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Freemasonry

I looked at a few sites and many think as early as egypt or ancient times. The 1700's stuff is the modern day. Again nothing makes a difference, today is what matters.

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

ChristAlone - bible code I speak of is not the same that others speak about. The computer and letters and such, just 1 letter off from the original would throw it all off. I'll explain everything and walk through it all when I do my video, which is unrelated to this. THis was just a interesting thing to me, if it was related, since I know they claim their origins to solomon's time or earlier.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I have been studying this quite intensively, and have figured out this bit of info: ROSEBUD

Watchtower Bible & Tract Society Jehovah's Witnesses Bible study methods are like having a secret decoder ring

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

By golly! Rosebud...that's it! But what's it mean? There must be a deep, secret meaning to this enigma....let's round up all the usual suspects and see if they might help crack this mystery! Rosebud.....Rosebud....let's get on it! We might have a scoop before the other rags go to press....

• Killa
    Killa

Leolaia wrote, "And JWs claim to go all the way back to Abel. Doesn't mean that's so."

LMAO!

• Fencing
    Fencing

In all seriousness, EndOfMysteries... get some professional help, man. Mental illness is no thing to play around with.

• mP
    mP

EOM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Freemasonry

I looked at a few sites and many think as early as egypt or ancient times. The 1700's stuff is the modern day. Again nothing makes a difference, today is what matters.

mP:
    How do you know what the Freemasons were called 2000 years ago ? Nothing is constant, GOd has a zillion names in the OT just ask Abraham or Moses or the NT where he is never named. Then we have Jehovah which was invented a few hundred years ago.

• maisha
    maisha

I believe the OP simply asked a question.... didn't they?... why the smart self righteous replies?

It amazes me how nasty and attacking replies tend to be when one asks a question, rather sad isnt it?

why can you not simply make a nice non personal reply?.

Simon how about booting some of these people as they tend to destroy reasonable questions and certainly deter anything being asked by anyone in the future.. after all who wants a nasty reply, is that what this site is about?

replies start with:

you're frickin nuts. from WMF. nice mate, you got a way with words!

In all seriousness, EndOfMysteries... get some professional help, man. Mental illness is no thing to play around with. from FENCE

to LEOLA loosing the plot with rosebud,

By golly! Rosebud...that's it! But what's it mean? There must be a deep, secret meaning to this enigma....let's round up all the usual suspects and see if they might help crack this mystery! Rosebud.....Rosebud....let's get on it! We might have a scoop before the other rags go to press....

get a grip eh,,

• *lost*
    *lost*

bumped

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit