Fifth Estate Program in Canada - Former Jehovah's Witness from NH - Whistleblower

by RAYZORBLADE 17 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Very disturbing story of Holly Brewer, but not unsuspected, once again shows how the JWs try to protect their outward public image rather

than protect the lives of innocent children.

The best part of the story was when it was stated that her step father got sent to jail for 50 years

And a decade ago, Holly Brewer told the fifth estate an incredible story of a young girl pitted against her religion. Growing up as a Jehovah's Witness in New Hampshire, Brewer learned two things: the Bible and how to keep quiet. Her silence resulted in years of sexual abuse by her stepfather, a respected member of their church. When her mother asked church elders for help, they did nothing to stop the abuse. And when Holly finally went to the police she and her family became pariahs in their own community.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

I also liked how they highlighted Bill Bowen's comments about who the WT protects first: themselves, and their image.

• zeb
    zeb

Holly, my heart goes out to you.

I wish i could cry but I have no more tears.

How i would like to see a billboard with photos and names of that congregation elders and those who shunned you.

love to you and yours.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Sarah's comments about being conditioned to believe everyone and everything outside of the cult is evil is bang on. It has bothered me immensely that even though my parents knew a pedophile in their congregation, they actively stayed a friend of this person. That creeped me out.

Pray More + Waiting on Jehovah = Nothing Gets Done and Problems Get Worse.

This is a completely ineffective, harmful, and ultimately destructive formula.

I'd like to see some legal system changes to remove the harmful, destructive behaviours of these high control groups.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "Pray More + Waiting on Jehovah = Nothing Gets Done and Problems Get Worse." Heaven, above... []

That is the most concise statement of the Watchtower Society's dysfunctional approach to their internal problems, that I've ever seen...

May I use it? With credit to the original author, of course...

• mouthy
    mouthy

I was at the Vickie B trail...The elders their was so puffed up. I did get to tell them what I thought of them

Mouthy as Usual

• Heaven
    Heaven

May I use it? With credit to the original author, of course...

Go for it Zid.

I was at the Vickie B trail...The elders their was so puffed up. I did get to tell them what I thought of them

Mouthy, this was the guy in my parent's congregation. As of 2010, he is still a JW. Saw him at the Shelburne hall. I was there to take my Dad to a memorial. My Dad seemed genuinely happy to see Gower. Blech!

• mouthy
    mouthy

Heaven.. Even when I was telling two brothers that was there ( Glen Howe was one of them,)
    What I thought of them they still laughed & treated me with fun!!!
    They have been taught how to take abuse from the followers of the "truth" ( I mean LIE!!!!
    I wonder if down deep in their hearts they ever regret what they do????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit