watching 5th estate

by tif21 11 Replies latest jw friends

• tif21
    tif21

it's on now i will keep you posted

• arwen
    arwen

Waiting with bated breath.. :::???? I couldnt find the station.. What was it all about?

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

ya whats up?

• tif21
    tif21

Girl named Holly was abused by her jw stepfather at age 3. She said her childhood was taken away from her. At age 5 she knew how to please him and he called her his little bitch. At age 10 she knew how to go with her gut. The first part of this show must have been done maybe 10 years ago. Fifth estate did a second part on this today. Her stepfather was protected by elders in cong. they must have gone to the police because he was found guilty and is serving over 50 years in jail. I wish I would have seen the first part. The show also mentioned the over 20,000 sex abusers that are hidden by the wt org. I believe she blew the whistle on him a age 16. The elders also told her mother that she needed to be a better wife. I hope others watched I may have missed a few points as I had to be careful the MR. didn't hear my TV.

• Deceived
    Deceived

It was great in that it exposed the coverups again. Holly Brewer follow up ... Her stepfather molested her for 6 years, he was a JW ministerial servant. 2 times the Mother asked for help in his beating her and her son and the suspicion of molesting her daughters and the elders didn't listen to her or help.

I am so disgusted that I used to belong to this religion and trusted these monsters.

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

damn...sorry I missed it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

I am so disgusted that I used to belong to this religion and trusted these monsters.

Deceived, this thought has been in my mind a lot over the years but I have to modify it slightly to fit my situation:

I am so disgusted that my parents used to belong to this religion and trusted these monsters.

I told my Father that if there was even 1 pedophile in the Organization, it could not possibly be God's Organization. When I said this to him, he hung his head down. I'm not sure if he was embarrased, feeling shameful, or sad or all 3.

He was unable to deny what I said.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

Here is the link to that show:

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2012-2013/2012/10/whistleblowers-moment-of-truth.html

I think most Americans and people outside of Canada, would even know about this.

tif21: I may post as a new thread - not to take away from your efforts, but because the word Fifth Estate will be unfamiliar to most on here.

Thanks for watching!

• LV101
    LV101

If only witnesses would watch this and open their ears.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I saw the show, I thought it was good and they focused a picture on WT headquarters.

Episode hear: Whistleblowers. Her interview is second.

http://www.cbc.ca/fifth/2012-2013/2012/10/whistleblowers-moment-of-truth.html

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit