New calibration method for radiocarbon dating

by konceptual99 26 Replies latest watchtower bible

• james_woods
    james_woods
    James
    I just did a search of the 1967 evolution book and i couldn't find the word dinosaur used in it, anywhere. It said that potasium argon method was used for older stuff. But, nothing about dinosaurs. Kinda funny.
    S

Maybe it did not say "dinosaurs" directly - it has been over 30 years since I last read it. Maybe you should look for all references to Carbon 14 dating - what I recall was that they (very unfairly, and without any sense) said that C-14 could not ascertain dates of over 50,000 years or so - and implied that this meant that dates of many million years for fossils were therefore invalid.

• Satanus
    Satanus

That sounds about right. When i was a jw, i actually used that evolution book to argue w the kids in school and some teachers. I'm actually surprised that dinos aren't even mentioned in it.

S

• ballistic
    ballistic

I kept that blue evolution book when I left, because I thought there was loads of interesting scientific bits in it. puke. :X

• james_woods
    james_woods

They have completely dropped the old blue evolution book now, is that correct? It was childishly pitiful in scientific content.

It was not even good pseudo-science.

• ballistic
    ballistic

I don't know. Their beliefs evolve, so why can't they see it happening in nature?

• james_woods
    james_woods
    I don't know. Their beliefs evolve, so why can't they see it happening in nature?

Profound. Except that natural evolution is supposed to make the species BETTER.

• nancy drew
    nancy drew

I just had my dna done by 23 andme and found out I have 3.1 neanderthal dna which is in the top 98% of what there is to have of it.

Now how did that happen?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit