How Many JW Pedophiles In USA?

by silentlambs 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

TR

How do you know those ashi spoke of weren't already found out and prosecuted. Shit Stirrer.
    Since you've shown yourself to be so adamant regarding this issue (remember the "gun permit" discussion?) I would've thought for sure that YOU would be looking ole ashitaka's way with a suspicious eye even if I weren't. Are you real positive that you are all that concerned about this issue?

And again:

How do you know those ashi spoke of weren't already found out and prosecuted. Shit Stirrer.
    Let's find out.

Hey, ashitaka, wanna plead innocent?

Yadirf

• Yadirf
    Yadirf

Hey TR, do you reckon Dateline might be interested in interviewing ole ashitaka? Sounds like a pretty interesting story to me.

What do you think?

Yadirf

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

The 20,000 number might not be entirely unreasonable if it refers to reported allegations over several decades. While the number of Witnesses in the US is presently about 1 million, those associated with them over the last several decades would be much more than that.

I would not think it beneath the Society to destroy any records they have on these matters, especially if they are older than 5 years. It is disappointing, yet hardly surprising their lack of honesty in these matters. It is certainly no secret that as Witnesses we endeavored to protect the image of the organization at all costs.

At the same time, I am reluctant to place ALL blame or even the bulk of the blame for these matters at the doorstep of the WT Society. IMO the Catholic situation is different because it is their priests who were doing the molesting, often in their institutions where it was an "all boys" sort of thing combined with their "no marriage" policy. In these sorts of environments it is very easy to lay the blame on the Catholic Church.

The molester himself (or herself) has to take the bulk of the blame personally for their actions. And many times it is family members of the victim that also discourage victims from reporting crimes committed by a molester. There are huge social problems surrounding crimes like these.

As much as I dislike the WT and their policies, I remain unconvinced that further changes in policy are the total solution to the problem. It would appear that due to the nature of the crime, as long as it continues to happen, their appears to be no simple solution. If changes have been made or need to be made, how will these changes really benefit children in the religion in a significant way?

Path

• Guest 77
    Guest 77

Interesting thoughts Path. There would be one hell of a cry if 'all' the molestations were done by ELDERS! This slow action on the part of the org. is going to harm 'innocent' friends within the org. Many have been kept in the dark about. The org. will be waving the banner of apostasy from here on in as a distraction to the friends.

Guest 77

Guest 77

• waiting
    waiting
    The comment was about how many accused child molesters are on file at WT legal. With all the numbers flying about the Catholic Church I think most will find this number to be quiet sobering. The brother stated that the WT has over 20,000 alleged child molsters on file as of the fall of last year. If that is not bad enough the statement followed that most of these had never been reported to the authorities. -Bill Bowen

1. It was never said that this was in the USA only. WT Europe has the same problem, I would assume Canada also.....and the rest of the world.

2. 20,000 child molesters among 6 million jw's is a very small percent. But that is only the known, or alledged, molesters.

3. Most of this 20,000 child molester figure has not been reported to any authority....just kept on a sheet of paper.

No one knows how long the WTBTS has been secretly tracking their child molester problem. I was strongly under the impression that their special "molester form" wasn't over a couple of years old. Which might give insight that they haven't been tracking them for several decades.

waiting

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

I think the whole "silentlambs" thing has been quite revealing in the sense that it destroys the mindset that these sorts of things are rare or uncommon in "God's organization". This exposure has been very good.

I think it should be a wakeup call to parents who are JWs, who might have just entrusted the care of their children to anyone just because he is a "brother".

It is the responsibility of the PARENTS to make sure their children are educated as to what is acceptable and unacceptable treatment from another person and it is the responsibility of the PARENTS to do all they can to ensure anyone who provides care of their children is trustworthy.

If in the unfortunate event something bad happens to a child, the responsiblity again falls on the PARENTS to contact the appropriate authorities and provide the best possible environment for recovery.

I don't believe parental responsibility can entirely be passed off on the Watchtower Society or society in general for that matter. There are likely many cases where the Society and certainly their elders have been negligent in these matters, but to paint the entire organization as willing to harbour pedophiles appears to be somewhat extreme.

Path

• metatron
    metatron

Well, the incident that involved my family went unreported
    to authorities because although I knew it to be true, the
    elders involved had ALREADY COVERED IT UP AND LIED about it.
    (one privately admitted it)

metatron

• ashitaka
    ashitaka

Hello Yaddy, missed your post.

I said I 'know of', meaning I heard 'of' it from people in those congregations. Of these five people I heard of, the stories I heard were substantiated by a few facts that I found out, but I have no direct knowledge of their misconduct. To have that, I would have to intimately know the molester or the molested.

I can say I'm pretty sure about one person, who is now over 22. But, as she tried to kill herself and ran away since she was shunned after accusing the molester, I can't contact her to confirm this and urge her to go to the police. Police don't deal in hearsay, especially when the victim is not going to cooperate.

The facts fit with the rest.

I cannot be held liable for hearsay, or gossip. This is what I heard, hence the term 'know of'. Many, many people know the real truth, though, and I can't do anything if they don't.

Example: A man who was disfellowshipped was accused of molesting a girl (informally, about 15 years ago). He never went to prison, so I assume the police were never contacted about this. It is whispered that he molested his sons. His daughter says that he molested her (remember, I received this second hand, but from a close friend of the girl).

Example: One person was a MS, committed statuatory rape. (I don't know if he went to prison or not...I think he might have), but after things blew over, five years later he became an elder. Should any man who preys on 14 YO's, even if the sex is consensual, hold a position of authority?

I know you were trying to push me to recant or to take action. I will do neither. I know nothing as fact, but as people have told me. Perhaps they don't know the facts. But, I believe these things happened because of the surrounding circumstances. In many cases, the person who accused is dead or has moved on in their lives.

I will assume that knowledge of a crime, consists of actually having knowledge of it, not just hearing rumors about it.

I can talk about it here, because I am not mentioning any names, and this is not slander if there is not a name mentioned. I was merely being helpful in stating a basic number of people I had heard had been molesters or stat rapists.

Now, get back to stirring the shit.

ashi

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

Met -

What state do you live in?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit