Atheism->Deism->Theism

by sabastious 114 Replies latest jw friends

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Balance, EP, is required in everything. True believers are either deluded, or not too bright. I would put you in the former category.

I would put you in both if you can't recognize that individual scientists can and will do bad things. The point of science is NOT that it never happens, but to put in place a process that will eventually uncover this and correct it.

In Jesus land, the point is to keep the mystery, keep people in line, keep making stuff up.

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

we need more scientsts coming out and speaking against how their inventions are used - I have hardly ever seen or heard a scientist do this - if you know of any please provide a link.

the atom bomb

nuclear weapons

chemical warfare

environmental damage

drugs and medicines that harm

edit: my intention here is not to make anyone angry - I am interested in broadening this discussion.

• fakesmile
    fakesmile

was it kierkegaard who said " to label me is to negate me." is it really necessary to identify with a group?

• sabastious
    sabastious

S&G Science is extremely dangerous and it doesn't seem like scientists take responsibility for their inventions. They just say "science wasn't being used right" when things go awry. Sounds an awful lot like how religion operates. Check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTi4v3HveqE

-Sab

• soft+gentle
    soft+gentle

thanks sab - this is just what I was looking for - a scientist critiquing science, but for me this enhances science and scientific endeavour.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit