Iesous Xristo real name, not Jesus

by Jaime l de Aragon 68 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Zeus-Διa, (Dios),-Deux-Dios--- It is seen in the image as different from Theos θεου

Theos is different

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Zeus-Διa, (Dios),-Deux-Dios--- It is seen in the image as different from Theos θεου
    Theos is different

Yes, yes, we already know. That's not the point. You are the one who claimed that theos did not mean "god". Pointing out the obvious difference between that word and "Zeus" doesn't do anything to substantiate your very incorrect claim. In fact, the very passage you cite in that picture names Zeus and Hermes as two theoi "gods".

And for the dozeneth time, why do you drop the final -s of "Xristo" when that is combined with "Iesous"?

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

"The word God comes from the Latin" Deus "which in turn comes from the Greek" Zeus ", who in mythology was the god of the gods. The word" Zeus ", changed to" Deus "and then to God." Deus "has the same Indo-European root * dyeu" day ", meaning sun or bright. the Romans adapted Greek pantheon giving them their own names. Zeus, being the god father became" Zues Pater ", which use vulgar became "Zues Pater" or Jupiter. Jews never used that term (GOD or DEUS Deux in latin)

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    "The word God comes from the Latin" Deus "which in turn comes from the Greek" Zeus ", who in mythology was the god of the gods. The word" Zeus ", changed to" Deus "and then to God." Deus "has the same Indo-European root * dyeu" day ", meaning sun or bright. the Romans adapted Greek pantheon giving them their own names. Zeus, being the god father became" Zues Pater ", which use vulgar became "Zues Pater" or Jupiter. Jews never used that term (GOD or DEUS Deux in latin)

First of all, to keep hammering the point, this has nothing to do with Greek theos, which you claimed has no meaning of "god". That claim is false.

Second, deus is a word in Latin. It isn't a word in Greek, it isn't a word in Hebrew, it isn't a word in Aramaic. Of course Jews never used that term, unless they were speaking Latin. Jews who lived in Rome and elsewhere in Italy did speak Latin, as Jewish inscriptions show (see J. N. Adams' Bilingualism and the Latin Language). Then it would have been expected for them to use the Latin word for "god". There is no evidence that Jews who spoke Latin did not use it; "god" is a very important concept for Judaism and thus it would have been entirely unusual for Jews not to use the Latin word for "god" when speaking Latin. A trivial search through an epigraphic database can readily find examples of Jews using the word deus:

in dei nomine s(an)c(t)o.
    peleger qui ic bennid {²6venit}²6, d (eu) s esto cm ipso. ocoli
    invidiosi crepen<t>. de d (e) idonum Iona fecet.
    S?LWM {²shofar}² {²menorah}² {²lulab

Third, your claim of etymology is totally inaccurate. The Latin word deus is not derived from the Greek Zeus. If it had, it would have evidenced sound changes that occurred in the Greek. Rather, it is the native Latin word for "god" that is related to the Greek Zeus, both deriving ultimately from the same Proto-Indo-European root *dei "to shine" (cf. Sanskrit didyati "they shine", Greek deato "he perceived", Old Norse teitr "cheerful"). The Latin word for "god" comes from the common Proto-Indo-European word for "god", *dei-w-os. This is via a w-extension suffix that gave the sense of "sky, heaven, celestial, heavenly, i.e. heavenly being". There were other suffixed forms of *dei, such as *dei e -l-os "bright, shining" and *dei e -n-os "day". There were however a number of different forms with the w-extension: *diwos, *diwios, *deiwos, and *dièws. (1) The first of these, *diwos, is a zero-grade form that had the meaning of "day". Hence Sanskrit díva "during the day", sudivám "nice day", Armenian tiv "day", Greek -δι F oς < *diwos "day" (in the phrase endios "middle of the day", i.e. "in the day"), Latin -dius "day" (in the phrase interdius "daytime", i.e. "between the day"), Old Irish dia "day", etc. (2) The second form, *diwios, had an inserted vowel -i- that gave the adjectival sense "heavenly, celestial, divine". Hence Sanskrit divyá- "celestial", divyani "in the heavenly space", Greek δι F oς < *diwios "divine, heavenly", and Latin dius "divine, godlike", dium "open space of heaven". (3) The third form *deiwos, *dèwos is the common PIE word for "god". This meaning is well-established throughout the cognates. So we have Sanskrit devah "god", Avestan daeva- "demon", Latin deus "god" and d i vus "deity, divine", Old Welsh duiu-(tit) "goddess, deity", Old Norse t i var < *teiwaz (pl.) "gods", Old Prussian deiw(a)s "god", Lithuanian dievas "god", etc. The meaning of "god" goes back to Proto-Indo-European itself. (4) Then finally, we have the diphthongized form *dièws "sky, heaven", which was also the name of a specific deity, the personified "sky" or "sky father" (with the suffixed form *Dyèws-p e tèr). It is this form that specifically gave rise to the name "Zeus". The placement of the /y/ right after the /d/ with a stressed vowel following it palatalized the /d/, resulting in the /z/ in the Greek form, i.e. Zeus (nom.), with the genitive preserving the unpalatalized form Dios < *Diwos; Zeu pater is the Greek form of the deity name. There is a similar palatalization in Latin, where /d/ becomes /y/ in the same environment, thus *Dyèws-p e tèr yields Iuppiter in Latin and Iupater in Umbrian, while the o-grade form *dyow-i-s resulted in Latin Diovis, Iovis "Jove", and the gentilic form *Iovilios < Iulius "Julius". In Sanskrit there was no palatalization, so we have the forms dyauh "sky, heaven", and divah (genitive) < *diwos. So Latin Iu- and Iovis is what corresponds to Greek Zeus (which show no sign of being borrowed from Greek but rather drawing on the same root *dièws), while the word for "god" goes back to PIE *dèwos and was not "borrowed" very late from Greek.

This is what is in fact stated in the etymology you posted yesterday:

Deus (Latin pronunciation: de??s]]) is Latin for "god" or "deity". Latin deus and divus "divine", are descended from Proto-Indo-European *deiwos, from the same root as *Dyeus, the reconstructed chief god of the Proto-Indo-European pantheon. Compare Greek Zeus (Ζε?ς zdeús; Aeolic Greek Δε?ς deús)

It says that *deiwos was the source of deus and *dyeus (identical to *dièws) was the source of Zeus. Two different derivatives from the same root. NOT one being the source for the other. These PIE forms go back to PIE itself, long long before Greek and Latin existed as languages. Your idea that deus comes from Zeus misunderstands the etymology.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

Dios = Zeus

Etymologically speaking, grammatically speaking equals god Zeus, but perhaps the idea is not accepted culturally

much less by religious especially evangelical Christians, Catholics and all derivatives there.

evidence>

1. In Wikepedia searching the word God and where it says Etymology says the following.

etymology

exposure

In Spanish, as in other European languages??, the word "God" comes directly from the Latin deus, 'deity, god'.

As a curiosity, we can say that is identical to the Greek pronunciation Δι?ς (God), genitive of Zeus (name of the chief god of the Greeks). Even some linguists believe that the word comes from the Greek Latin deus Ζ?υς (Zeus)

In the late Sanskrit Thus Dyaus Pitar has evolved. Among the various derivations have the Greek Zeus Pater whose Latinized form is Iu Piter (Jupiter), and also the late Latin expression, from the Greek again, Deus Pater, which evolves in Spanish 'God the Father'.

God

From the Latin "deus" gene. "Dei" and Indo-European root "* deiwos", hence also the word "day" and originally could have meant "bright", possibly in reference to the sun god. This root also comes the Latin words "divinus" ("divine" or "belonging to God"), "Divus" ("god") and also the name of the Greek god " Ζ?υς " ("Zeus", originally "Δjηυς "and" Δι (F) - ") with gen. Δι?ς "God". Also related are the Roman god "Iupiter" (from "dyeu-pater" or "god father") with gen. "Iovis" (hence our word "Thursday", or day of "Iovis") and the Celtic god the Romans called "Dis Pater" confused with "dives" ("wealth") also comes from "divus" .

There is no doubt that the rule of Constantine (the first pope) mix all the Hebrew faith with other cultures not only in pictures but also in the names and titles of the Bible

The Latin deus, in other Romance languages??, derived in deus (Portuguese and Galician), dieu (French), gave (Italian) and DEU (Catalan).

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

None of that has anything to do with theos.

And again the etymology pertains to a shared ancestry from PIE. Sanskrit Dyaus pitar similarly does not derive from Greek Zeus. The Sanskrit, Greek, and Latin words derive from a common source, PIE. And PIE had a word for "god", *deiwos. Whence Latin deus.

Again, none of that has anything to do with theos and what you claim is that theos did NOT mean "god", which is patently false.

• Jaime l de Aragon
    Jaime l de Aragon

None of that has anything to do with theos.

Well! perfect!! Theos is another question Theos is the word used in the writings and is not etymologically like god

Theos
  • NewChapter
    NewChapter

Well after all this time, billions of readers, and you've blown the top off of this mistake.

• freydo
    freydo
    The Name that is Above Every Name
    By Mildred Garner

What is the name that is above every name? “Jesus,” most anyone would answer. But did the angel of Yahweh tell Joseph, the husband of Mary the mother of our Savior, to call his name Jesus as the scriptures seem to teach? “And she shall bear a son, and you shall call his name Jesus (lit. Savior - see center ref) ; for he shall save his people from their sins , Matthew 1:21.

The word Jesus begins with a “J.” There was not a J in any language until after the 16th century A.D. I have searched for the meaning of the Greek word Iesous (Jesus), for I am aware there is no J in the Greek language, but I have found none. This creates a problem for the thinkers.

The name given to Joseph by the angel obviously has a meaning. “For he shall save his people . The name was to mean save. The Greek word for save is “soter,” If, as some say, the Bible was first given to a Greek speaking people, then we should be calling our Savior a Greek word meaning save or savior ; therefore, we would call him “Soter .

The Greek spelling for Jesus is not soter ; it is Iesous. What does it mean? The only reference the Strong’s Concordance refers us to is in the Hebrew dictionary. It comes from #2424 in the Greek dictionary, but refers us to #3467 and #3068 in the Hebrew. These two words combined means Yah Saves , or Savior. The one thing we are sure of is the name the angel gave for the Savior was not Jesus , nor was it Soter . The book of Matthew was first written in Hebrew; therefore, the name of the Savior was a Hebrew word, Yasha (meaning save, or savior).

Some insist on the name Yahshua , but does the word “shua” mean save? In 1 Chronicles 2:3, . . . these three were born to him from the daughter of Shua, the Canaanite.”Shua comes from #1340 and means “daughter of wealth . It is also a name for a Canaanite woman in First Chronicles 7:32, and does not mean save.Shua seems to be a Canaanite word used by the Hebrews when they adopted the language of the Canaanites.

Number 7769 – shuwa (shoo-ah), in the Strong’s Hebrew dictionary, came from #7768; to be free ; but used only causative, and reflexive to halloo (for help, i.e. freedom from trouble). Number 7770, shuwa is the same as #7769. Shua is a Canaanite woman and is a feminine word. In Genesis 25:2, Abraham married the daughter of a Canaanite and she bore their son, Shuah ; from #7744, meaning dell, to sink .

Is our Savior a woman? Is he a Canaanite? Does he need to holler (halloo) for help? It is evident that shua does not mean savior in Hebrew. Shua and shuah are both Canaanite words and do not come from the Hebrew language.

In order to find the true name of our Savior we should look up these three Hebrew words: save, savior, and salvation.

Save in Deuteronomy 20:4, “For Yahweh your God is he who is going before you, to fight for you with your enemies to save you.” The word here for save is #3467 Yasha . “The Angel of the Lord said, Call his name Save (or Savior) because he will save his people.”

Notice #3468, # 3469, and #3470 are all from #3467, Yasha (yaw-sha). You will find that Savior in Isaiah 43:3 (“For I am Yahweh, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior . . . ,”) and verse 11, ( “I, even I, am Yahweh and there is no Savior besides me.) and Hosea 13:4 ( “Yet I am Yahweh, your God, from the land of Egypt; and you shall know no other gods than Me, for there is no Savior besides Me .) are all from #3467: Yasha , the Hebrew word for Savior .

The name Isaiah (#3470), before it was corrupted by translators, was spelled YashaYah, meaning “Yah has saved . Many of the names of the prophets and patriarchs in the Bible contain the name of the Father or Savior, but nowhere does it refer you to numbers #7769, shuwa or #7770, shua , or #7744, shuah. They are of Canaanite or Chaldean origin, not Hebrew.

The Hebrew word for Savior (#3467) reads as follows: Yasha ; a primitive root; properly, to be open, wide or free , i.e. (by implication) to be safe ; causatively, to free or succor : avenging, defend, deliver (-er), help, preserve, rescue, be safe, bring (having) salvation, save (-iour), get victory.

“Joshua” is the Canaanite corruption and English misspelling of Hoshea . The root of each of these words is #3467. In no way does shua,shuah , or shuwa mean savior or salvation . The Savior’s name is pronounced YAH -sha . His Father’s name is YAH and the Savior came in his Father’s name.

I have called on the Savior many times by the name “Jesus” and in no way would we suggest that he does not hear and answer prayer made to him in that name. But I feel this is the time of restoration. It is time to bring the Church out of the Babylonian system and unite her in the truth. Since the time of the dark ages, the Church has struggled to free herself completely from the cords that entangled her and dimmed her light. The Spirit is once again calling for another step toward restoration. There will be those that will hear the voice of the Spirit that is crying, “Be not partakers of her sins...,” Revelations 18:4.

For every truth that has been revealed and accepted since the days of Martin Luther, there has been a great resistance and persecution. But restitution must come and with every wave of glory will come more persecution. Fear not, the fire is turned up to finish the refining process. The names Yahweh and Yasha have been rejected for years even by his people.

The removal of the names of the Father and his Son must be considered evil and a dishonor. It is one of the wrongs that must be set right just as the biblical feast and the Sabbath. And those who choose to participate will suffer for their stand. Listen to the words of Yasha,

“Then they will deliver you up to be afflicted, and will kill you; and you will be hated by all the nations for my name’s sake , Matthew 24:9.

“And you will be hated by all on account of my name. . . ,” Mark 13:13.

“I have come in the name of My Father you do not receive Me. If another comes in his own name, you will receive that one , John 5:43.

“And you will be hated by all on account of My name , Luke 21:17.

In Acts 26:14-15, the Savior spoke to Paul in the Hebrew tongue, saying, “And all of us falling to the ground, I heard a voice speaking to me, saying in the Hebrew dialect, Saul (Paul), Saul, Why do you persecute me? Is it hard for you to kick against the prods? And I said, Who are you, Sir? And He said, I am Jesus whom you persecute.”

Since the name Jesus could not have existed at that time, what name do you suppose Yasha used to introduce himself to Paul? And how was Paul able to connect the name to the Galilean that he so detested. Did he use the Greek “Soter” , the English “Jesus,” or a Canaanite name? Could He have said, “I am Yasha whom you persecute?” Acts 26:14-15.

Most Christians accept the Greek name for the Savior because they have been persuaded that the Greek language was the language of the Jews at the time of Christ. This theory is disputed by a number of historians, including Josephus who was a Hebrew of that time. He said (42 A.D.), “I have also taken a great deal of pains to obtain the learning of the Greeks, and understand the elements of the Greek language; although I have so accustomed myself to speak our own tongue, that I cannot pronounce Greek with sufficient exactness. For our nation does not encourage that they learn the language of many nations. On this account, as there have been many who have done their endeavors, with great patience, to obtain this Greek learning, there have yet hardly been two or three that have succeeded herein, who were immediately rewarded for their pains,” Antiquities XX, X1 2.

Josephus also spoke of his desire to have his original Hebrew books translated into the Greek and other languages for the benefit of the Israelites who were in Egypt.

Some have been persuaded that our Lord spoke Greek and read from the Greek Septuagint, but the early historians do not substantiate this theory. The truth is that the Greek Septuagint was condemned by the Jewish authorities and they so despised the defected version that they proclaimed a period of national mourning because of its publication. The quotations Yasha made from the Old Testament do not agree with the Greek version, but they do agree with the original Hebrew and Aramaic, which is further proof that the original New Testament text was written in Hebrew and the Messyah’s name was of Hebrew origin.

We all have the prerogative to be the kind of Christian that we choose to be, but let us pray that we never become a Christian who persecutes Christians, especially for Yahweh's name’s sake. There are many of them, and we could, without the guidance of the Spirit, join their swelling ranks.

NAME (from Nelson's Illustrated Bible Dictionary): A label or designation that sets one person apart from another.

“But in the Bible a name is much more than an identifier as it tends to be in our culture. Personal names (and even place names) were formed from words that had their own meaning. Thus, the people of the Bible were very conscious of the meaning of names. They believed there was a vital connection between the name and the person it identified. A name somehow represented the nature of the person.

“This means that the naming of a baby was very important in the Bible times. In choosing a name, the parents could reflect the circumstances of the child's birth, their own feelings, their gratitude to Yahweh, their hopes and prayers for the child, and their commitment of the child to God. The name Isaac reflected the “laughter” of his mother at his birth <Gen. 21:6>. Esau was named “hairy” because of his appearance. Jacob was named “supplanter” because he grasped his brother’s, Esau’s, heel <Gen. 25:25-26>. Moses received his name because he was “drawn out” of the water <Ex. 2:10>.

“A popular custom of Bible times was to compose names by using the shortened forms of the divine name El or Ya (Je) as the beginning or ending syllable. Examples of this practice are Elisha, which means “Yah is salvation;” Daniel, “Yah is my judge;” Jehoiakim, “the Lord has established;” and Isaiah, “the Lord is salvation.”

“The change of a name can also be of great importance in the Bible. Abram's name was changed to Abraham in connection with his new calling to be “a father of many nations” <Gen. 17:5>. God gave Jacob the new name Israel (“God strives”) because he struggled with God and with men, and prevailed <Gen. 32:28; 35:10>.

“The New Testament writers also emphasized the importance of names and the close relationship between names and their meanings. A striking illustration of this is <Acts 4:12>: “For there is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.” In this instance the name is again practically interchangeable with the reality which it represents.

http://christthecreativeword.org/Miscellaneous/Messages/the_name_that_is_above_every_nam.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit