Been Invited To the Memorial

by deceit 11 Replies latest jw friends

• deceit
    deceit

Hi all,

After almost a year of trying to fade out, they have come to my door encouraging me to be there for the memorial this year.

Could you guys give me some strong valid reasons why this whole ritual is wrong in the first place? Maybe some counter scriptures from the bible.

I have a few in mind already but just wondering what you guys think.

Getting ready for theocratic war hehe.

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dear Deceit... may you have peace... and may I offer two (2) 'strong, valid' reasons why this 'ritual' is 'wrong'? Thank you.

1. It is NOT just for a few, but for ALL of mankind who 'wish' it, as my Lord is recorded to have said, "ANYONE may eat of it..."

2. It is not just to be done once per year, as my Lord said that 'he who eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in union with me.' If one only wants to be in union ONCE per year, well, this might suffice. However, just as the Israelites... and those what went with them... ate the physical manna in the wilderness EVERYDAY... in order to remain alive PHYSICALLY, the spiritual man should eat the SPIRITUAL manna... EVERYDAY... in order to remain alive spiritually. Thus, we were taught "give us our bread... FOR THE DAY."

To explain the entire matter a bit better, the following may be of some assistance:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=23770&site=3

Again, I bid you peace.

A slave of Christ,

SJ

• deceit
    deceit

Thanks AGuest, you sure have a strange way/writing gettin your point across.

Has anyone else had a 'VISIT' similar to mine? You most probably will........

• picosito
    picosito

Suppose the King invited everyone to a big special meal in his honor and then did not let anyone eat from it except his two kitchen slaves. Afterwards as the invitees were leaving they commented on how wonderful was the meal they could not eat, and so they now could go to Luby's for dinner. Weird or what?

• Disengaged
    Disengaged

Ah the heck with it Deceit, just go and have fun. And make sure not to eat and drink. Plus there's nothing good on TV

"I wish that I knew what I know now, when I was younger.....Ooh La La,,,"

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

deceit,

I say partake, if they give you any flack, direct them to the January 15, 1952 Watchtower, Pages 63 and 64.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=7411&site=3#86972

When I sent the JWs my DA letter, I ended it with a statement that basically told them to never contact me again. Perhaps you should consider doing this. With the exception of my family, I haven't heard peep from them.

"As every one knows, there are mistakes in the Bible" - The Watchtower, April 15, 1928, p. 126
    Believe in yourself, not mythology.
    <x ><

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Deceit: The basic event is scriptural. The fact that JWs only do it once a year is a matter of debate. The fact that only a few 'anointed' partake is also a matter of debate.

They stopped inviting me long ago. I don't ask either.

• jerome
    jerome

I heard that it was an ancient Gnostic ritual.

Only certain members wewre allowed to partake of the body of Christ.

I dont know the full details but I have to look into it further.

The Bible is a two edged sword wield it for evil and it you may get hurt.

• mrs rocky2
    mrs rocky2

Just something to think about, but if Christ's followers are supposed to "keep doing this in rememberance of me until I come again" then why keep doing it if he came in 1914? hmmmm.....yeah, I know the rhetoric about the difference between coming to kingdom power in heaven in 1914 and coming to execute judgement on the earth, etc.
    It was just something I've wondered about....

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

"I know the rhetoric about the difference between coming to kingdom power in heaven in 1914 and coming to execute judgement on the earth, etc."

But, the Bible talks about the second coming, not a third which is what his coming to exicute judgement would be.

Lilacs

I don't want someone in my life I can live with. I want someone in my life I can't live without.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit