C.T. Russell (the Faithful and Wise Servant) was identified by God as being 'the man in linen, the man with the writer's inkhorn' through an unsuspecting -- get this -- Sign Painter!

by ScenicViewer 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• ScenicViewer
    ScenicViewer

I was just now looking up one of the old references to C.T. Russell being the Faithful and Discreet Slave, of Mt. 24:45, in The Finished Mystery.

What struck me is that not only was he the FDS, he was also the 'man with the writer's inkhorn' of Ezekiel. How do we know? Because God worked through a sign painter to deliver the message!

• minimus
    minimus

maybe it was Rick Fearon?

• itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat
    itsibitsybrainbutbigenoughtosmellarat

Thaat was great. Thanks

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

Wow. It's convincing proof that C T Russell was in fact only the messengar of Malachi 3:1 since he painted messages on a sign!

• Bobcat
    Bobcat

It would have been interesting to interview the painter. For all we know, he painted that to express the idea that the WT would be among those judged adversely as in Ezek 9.

• DATA-DOG
  • frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Well I guess if you're the founder of a cult you get top billing so it should be no wonder that Russell was not only the Faithful and Discreet Slave but a host of other prophetic characters that would keep the rank and file subservient.

• Chook
    Chook

I think this thread deserves more.

• Lee Elder
    Lee Elder

People are gullible for sure.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

LOL, The Finished Mystery must have been really stupid. And to think that is the book which got Rutherford and associates put in jail.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit