Do You Think Humanity Will Ever Be Completely Free From Religion?

by InjusticeSystem 28 Replies latest social current

• millie210
    millie210

Things that work tend to stick around.

Religion meets a need.

So as much as I am burned out on the destructive side of religion - its here to stay in one form or another.

• done4good
    done4good

Social evolution happens. While they technically still exist, really how many flat earthers are there?

For all intents and purposes, religion will one day make about as much sense to society as a whole.

• InjusticeSystem
    InjusticeSystem

Cofty - I certainly hope that there are more like yourself.

I would love to live to see the day when the need for religion is gone. I realize there are many factors that would need to change in order to make that happen, but I certainly hope that is what we are evolving toward.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette
    Only can only hope!
  • James Mixon
    James Mixon

Some people need religion. I knew some brothers and becoming a JW was the best

thing for them. Their life before becoming a JW, dangerous characters out

of control. Some people need the invisible GOD..

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M
    Let me ask the question a different way. The human race is coded to survive. What is it about the human desire to believe in a greater power that has the ability to sustain the species?
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil

No, unless you create artificial life or learn how to deprogram that part of our dna! If we are the product of aliens from another planet does that make them God or gods like the movie where the architects were going to blot out life by using the creature from "Alien" to do that?

What if there is a message in our DNA from the Being or Beings that oversaw the creation and development process on Earth until they might have moved on to another region or Dimension? Richard Dawkins has stated he can't say 100% "There is no God or Creators because they would imply he has "all knowledge" of everything to make that statement. All the evil and hate spreading around the World does not eliminate the need for a Creator or Creation process, as Dr. Dawkins said "we don't have absolute knowledge to totally eliminate God or gods from the human process".

If DNA has a code or message from God, your going to have to create something new to remove that which make's us try to look beyond our own self and make sense of Eternity or crave knowledge of understanding that.

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

No. As long as humans exist, they will constantly be searching for answers to things they don't understand, and so will continue to invent religions to explain it all. All the science in the world will not satisfy human curiosity. It's in our nature. I think the best we can hope for is that people stop using religion to try to control people. I am even skeptical about that.

• talesin
    talesin

If I close my eyes, can picture a Star-Trek type of Utopia, where we can all do work that fulfills our soul, and be one with the planet.

Ah, dreams ... I know, it's a fantasy. But, if it ever came true, I want to be Janeway!

: D

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Humans have between 1.75 and 3.25 (arguable) billion years left before earth is uninhabitable. That's a long time. We'll go conservative and assume that humankind has up to a billion years before his time is up.

That's a long time. In that time, I do believe that mankind will give up on God and Jesus and Mohammad.

It wouldn't surprise me if man picks up some completely different radical practices in that time, but I think most all of religion as something organized will disappear.

It may seem impossible now, but two factors will work against religion: the wasted resources and time for religion and the education of the population. Some taxing authority will end religion's tax-free status and it will spread. Eventually, everyone will be able to google without typing a keyboard- we are almost there now. They will figure out that religion is a scandal.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit