What do you think of a Movie about New World

by paradisebeauty 8 Replies latest jw friends

• paradisebeauty
    paradisebeauty

It looks like the movies about end of the days and the fantasy movies are very much in fashion. 

Do you think a movie about the end of the system and the life in the new system could captivate the audiences?

After all more than 90 % of Americans are Christians and say they believe in the Bible. 

• JeffT
    JeffT
    The end of the world part might be interesting.  But then you have an endless treadmill of petting tigers and picking fruit off of trees.  
  • smiddy
    smiddy

The reality is ,  jehovahs witnesses are human beings just like everybody else , they commit crimes , Practiceing jehovahs witnesses have been convicted of every crime under the sun in their 130 + year history .

And not all of them have been disfellowshipped because of these crimes , some are just given restrictions of what they can do within the congregation .And many are allowed to re-join after a period of time .

Dont beleive me ?

Google crimes committed by jehovahs witnesses and see what comes up.

I personally know of a JW convicted and served time for the murder of his wife who was pregnant at the time., double murder ?

Also an elder who mis-appropiately used KH funds to finance his own interests .

A brother who served time in jail for theft.

And I was appointed jury service  ( after I left the religion )  on a case that involved a MS who was charged with sexually abusing his step-daughter .

Die-hard jehovahs witnesses can bury their heads in the sand for as long as they want , do they do that with the crimes committed by jehovahs servants in the bible ? 

Their are plenty of cases in the hebrew scriptures , or do JW`s  just gloss over those accounts .

I think they do .

smiddy

• kairos
    kairos

There'd likely be some wild plot twist, post Armageddon.

Some New World Society Radicals (NWSR) develop a Conduct Cloaking Device (CCD) that enables them to live a secret double life far from the prying eyes of Jehovah the New World Governing Body (NWGB).

That way they can do whatever they please without detection.

Sounds familiar for some reason...

• eyeuse2badub
    eyeuse2badub

God wanted to get a report on the godliness of mankind.

So he dispatched and angel to earth to evaluate mankind. When the angel returned he reported:" God, 98% of mankind are ungodly and only 2% are righteous and worthy."

God said to the angel: "That can't be right". So god dispatched another angel to evaluate mankind. The second angel soon returned and reported: "God, 98% of mankind are ungodly and only 2% are righteous and worthy."

God ,very disappointed, said to the second angel: "That just doesn't make sense.But I must encourage and warn the righteous and worthy ones." So God decided to send an email to the 2%.

Do you know what the email said?

just saying!

eyeuse2badub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

paradise beauty - "Do you think a movie about the end of the system and the life in the new system could captivate the audiences?"

Oh; yeah; the recent Left Behind reboot definitely captivated audiences.

Seriously, though; these days, the only postapocalyptic stuff that seems popular involves zombies.

• Awake at last
    Awake at last

I watched a TV series called Resurrection.  It wasn't exactly about a new world but rather what could go wrong if the much awaited resurrection by JWs wasn't supervised properly.  Of course Jehovah would do everything correctly, but I do wonder what would happen if a woman came back and saw her husband married to someone else.  Just food for thought. 

Has anyone else watched this series?  What are your thoughts?

I enjoyed it but obviously the resurrections were back into this world and not the paradise.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Pretty sure that a literal film adaptation of the WTS' eschatology would be offensive to just about everyone else on the planet, not to mention that seeing it played out on the screen (as opposed to a book) would demonstrate just how implausible many aspects of it were, and be so visually horrifying that it would receive a hard R rating.
  • Simon
    Simon

I think movie audiences want a little more than people having permanent picnics and petting tigers. Isn't that what the WTS tracts always depict?

There have been a few TV series that focus on the "rapture" but from the perspective of people not taken. Post apocalyptic movies are always about how tough it is - far more gripping to watch.

I can't see anyone making a "life in the new system" movie anytime soon other than JW.Org TV

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit