The Watchtower Attempts to Eliminate Discrepancies in Authority

by Emery 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious
    "Eloquent"? You're romanticizing again, as it's a quite basic concept being expressed.

Isn't that what hopeless romantics do?

-Sab

• Leolaia
    Leolaia
    Not to mention the logical inconsistency of the master leaving (which in ancient times, essentially meant being incommunicado, a fundamental assumption underlying the parable) while claiming the GB as the sole channel of communication with God in order to receive "new light".

Indeed! Another example of how the interpretation conflicts with the basic concept of the parallel.

We're through the looking glass, people!

• King Solomon
    King Solomon

Leo said:

We're through the looking glass, people!

Agreed, except to point out that it's THEY that through the looking glass, not US: we're still on this side of reality (and I'm not crossing over, unless being dragged into their wild and wooly world of fantasy and make-believe, LOL)!

I just watched bits of that WT video in the thread below, and it literally would take MAJOR closed-head trauma and traumatic brain injury, forgetting EVERYTHING I know about science, in order to swallow the glorious non-sense that's loaded with powerful and seductive "appeals to emotion" that are on display in the video.

www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/239852/1/WT-video-Green-screen-paradise

• yadda yadda 2
    yadda yadda 2

They can just explain this dilemma away by saying that there have always been individual foolish and discreet virgins during the bridegroom's absence, and always individual good and faithful slaves handling his talents (Matt 25), but that the "appointment of his domestics" per Matt 24:45 to feed the domestics in a collective sense only occurred in 1919. This would correspond to when the Son of Man would send for his angels to commence a winnowing, or cleansing, during the "harvest season" mentioned in Matthew 13, with the wheat being gathered into an organisation "storehouse." In other words, individual members of the FDS have always existed down through the centuries from 33AD but a collective appointment was made in 1919 when the harvest work began and the post-Russell organisation was appointed as sort of organisational "storehouse" for the wheat to be gathered into.

But all this speculation on how they are going to get around the perceived dilemmas is premature until we see the study articles. All we have to go on right now are some brief notes taken from a 2 hour symposium.

Just harking back to my last post, one other point I was going to add in support of my theory that this 'new light' may be laying a platform to initiate a bigger slidescale shift into the future of things currently linked to 1914, is they could also say that Jesus did not become a glorious King in 1914 since either he or the kingdom is only portrayed as a male child in Revelation 12 - a similar idea to how the stumpy rootstock unbanded in 1914 does not portray the establishment of the Kingdom and coronation of Jesus as King until it has regrown and reached the heavens.

• ziddina
    ziddina
    "But the new narrative would mean that Christians were able to understand the Bible without the slave for some 1800 years!" King Solomon, page 1

Ooooooo, that's a GOOD point! I may pull that out the next time a JW comes to my door to preach at me...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit