My sister's house burned down

by Emma 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Emma
    Emma

She and her husband live in rural Wisconsin. They were away for their anniversary when their home burned down, killing their three cats. They lost everything. I'm trying to get details, haven't been able to find any news online. The info came from my youngest daughter. (I'm completely shunned since fading long ago.) I will help out where I can. I can't imagine what it must be like to lose everything.

It's mind boggling that she wouldn't contact me, her sister, because I'm out of the org.

Emma

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

Not so mind-boggling, really. I'm not DF'd, faded long ago, and I live in the same city as most of my family. When my sister's son almost died in a motorcycle crash, no one bothered to inform me. When my youngest brother was diagnosed with terminal cancer no one bothered to tell me until he was weeks away from death - and when he died I found out from his daughter's facebook page. No one bothered to call me. I'm just a non-person in their eyes, I guess.

I hope your sister wakes up and takes advantage of your loving desire to help her out.

• elder-schmelder
    elder-schmelder

What part of WI? I live in Osceola WI.

elder-schmelder

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Very, very sad. I feel terrible she lost her pets too.

What part of WI? I belonged to the Ladysmith cong for years.

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

How very sad, the burning, the shunning, and the loss of pets.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Sorry to hear of this catastrophe and the loss of belonging and pets. But it was good to hear that your sister and her husband were not physically hurt.

• Diest
    Diest

If she never talks to you perhaps you should just write her a note that asks her if her field service time has dropped or she has been missing meetings....surely there is a reason that Jah removed his blessing from her home.

• finally awake
    finally awake

Poor kitties :( I think I could cope with the loss of my physical possessions, but I would feel so bad about my pets dying or a person getting hurt.

• Emma
    Emma

They're in an area outside of Bay City, WI.

I talked to my other sister in MN who gave me a few details. It's the loss of the pets that I think is the most upsetting to everyone. I found out they are insured so will be able to replace most everything. Of course, there are some things that are irreplaceable, some of our mother's things.

It was interesting to talk to my other sister; she was very upset by everything, especially the cats. She's the one with a big heart. She talked to me at length and quiet endearingly. At the end I told her I loved her and she answered back that she loved me, too. If there was hope for either of them, it would be her but she's so close to my uber righteous sister. I guess I'll try to stay in touch a bit more. I can handle rejection!

I think the sister that had the fire is still pioneering, has been most of her life. She went to WI as a special pioneer many years ago. Diest, I don't think I'll ask about her hours; she finds all sorts of ways to count time!

I'd be interested if any of you in WI heard about this.

Emma

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uhm...

If it wasn't such a sad situation, I'd make some crack about the way "jehovah" has truly blessed her for "pioneering".

I'm very sorry to hear of the fire - and especially the loss of the beloved pets.

I have 6 cats myself; just lost my dog of 15 years and one other cat I'd been nursing along for 6 years.

The loss of the pets is truly the most devastating.

Zid

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit